JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

jw propaganda video in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4379 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Oh . .right. :nope:

This has to be up there with the news story about a monstrous murderer a couple of years ago who the government insisted by media was a JW.

Headlines kept banging out that the suspect (who suffered well known mental issues) was a JW in the local gongregation . .which of course was not true.

The court case for slander is still continuing.

I hope any fair minded people see that newsreel and notice that it is Pentecostals who like to flip around like fish at church . . by neck would never cope with such activity. :perplexed:

I think they want to paint us in a bad light buy suggesting we have strange rituals and the like. Unfortunately there will be some people on seeing the video will believe the footage in the back ground are jehovahs witnessess. The russians like to portray us a dangerous sect, which we know isnt true.

Oh . .right. :nope:

This has to be up there with the news story about a monstrous murderer a couple of years ago who the government insisted by media was a JW.

Headlines kept banging out that the suspect (who suffered well known mental issues) was a JW in the local gongregation . .which of course was not true.

The court case for slander is still continuing.

I hope any fair minded people see that newsreel and notice that it is Pentecostals who like to flip around like fish at church . . by neck would never cope with such activity. :perplexed:

The only place you can find perfection , is in the dictionary.

Those bringing reproach on Jehovah's Name, mocking at his messengers never get away with it in the end- " 2 Chronicles 36:16, something always happens to turn things around.We therefore can keep praying to Jehovah on behalf of our Russian brothers and about how this 'reproach on his name' we bear witness to grieves us, just like the early prophets did, and wait to see what happens!

Quote from Watchtower 1994 -Jehovah our Tenderley Compasionate Father:

The surrounding nations rejoiced over this calamity (God's people exiled in Babylon). In a mocking way, they said: “These are the people of Jehovah, and from his land they have gone out.” Sensitive to this reproach, Jehovah declared: “I shall have compassion on my holy name . . . And I shall certainly sanctify my great name, . . . and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah.”—Ezekiel 36:20-23." We are made to look vulnerable/foolish by the Russian media,just like the nations back then said of God's 'People for His Name, so something will happen to change this as it did then.

My reaction in watching this video was the following: confusion, shock, disbelief, and finally laughter. I could not believe how pathetic this attempt was, a low-blow. Especially being broadcast on television with such blatant disregard for proper reporting and professionalism. And the interview was really pathetic, despite having no factual information it served no other purpose besides making noise...it looked as if the interviewee was just pulled of the street. Such absurdity. Our poor brothers and sisters in Russia, contending against this widespread campaign of malicious lies. I only hope that individuals seeing the broadcast give our brothers a chance to show how badly they have been maligned.

Those bringing reproach on Jehovah's Name, mocking at his messengers never get away with it in the end- " 2 Chronicles 36:16, something always happens to turn things around.We therefore can keep praying to Jehovah on behalf of our Russian brothers and about how this 'reproach on his name' we bear witness to grieves us, just like the early prophets did, and wait to see what happens!

Quote from Watchtower 1994 -Jehovah our Tenderley Compasionate Father:

The surrounding nations rejoiced over this calamity (God's people exiled in Babylon). In a mocking way, they said: “These are the people of Jehovah, and from his land they have gone out.” Sensitive to this reproach, Jehovah declared: “I shall have compassion on my holy name . . . And I shall certainly sanctify my great name, . . . and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah.”—Ezekiel 36:20-23." We are made to look vulnerable/foolish by the Russian media,just like the nations back then said of God's 'People for His Name, so something will happen to change this as it did then.

I'm so glad you posted this.