JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Depression, Anxiety Alternatives and Tips

I'm seeing so many people talking about being stressed out, depressed, having anxiety, etc.  I have found when going through stressful situations and feeling depressed that the following supplements and tips help ease the load.  I had 1 daughter using straight ashwagandha back in 2019.  Her mood/depressive state improved tremendously however she couldn't sleep at night so I had her take it early in the morning but it still affected her sleep.  Then I changed her to the "Joy" blend mentioned below and it worked much better.  I noticed that the amount of  Ashwagandha in the Joy blend is not that much. 

I have read some people say straight Ashwagandha makes them sleep well and others say it affects their  sleep.  I think it depends on dosage.  For my daughter,  the difference between when she takes the Joy blend and doesn't is night and day.

1. Ashwagandha: (notice dosage on brand of choice.  I started daughter on 500mg and it was too much.  switched her to the Joy blend below)

2. Organic India Joy:

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-India-Joy-Ashwaganda-Vitality/dp/B003PGAO6Q/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2QVMB73KGY5S

I'm not a doctor and am not prescribing anything just sharing this for informational purposes only (do your own research).  Consult your doctor especially if you are on traditional medications of any kind.  Supplements shouldn't be taken at the same time as traditional medications and it's best to have a 3 hr window between taking meds and supplements.

3.) Cut back or eliminate caffeine it can affect the mood especially if you are caffeine sensative.  If you must drink it then try "decaf".

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4826990/

4.) Cut back of eliminate sugar it can cause people to feel depressed:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/sugar-and-depression

Edited by lovjahupepl

• 1 month later...

more rest.... sleep time....

depression is such a vast topic...  so many angles to it....

but like your brain needing sleep when its damaged physically.  the heart being made of some of the same tissue.  needs rest aswell when its harmed.

as to the different harms... many angles.  don't harm it in ways you can control.

don't forget prayer.... the things you can't control or do.....  Jehovah may do things as in secret based on your prayers... and if you feel onworthy ask that he use someone else prayer for you...  He's a father.. he can decide to do anything he wants in a good way for anyone at any time.... as in secret.... also thank Jehovah as in secret....

he may not miracle faith heal... but i garantee he will do something to help make whatever endurable....  as far as death if its medical... well we have the resurrection.  being you have a record of service.. you have a resurrection to life.