JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Man who torched himself..........

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4377 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Isn't it amazing how every article in the paper doesn't proclaim a person's religion UNLESS he/she is one of Jehovah's Witnesses? Sue, a Baptist, or Fred, a Catholic... we should be grateful that Jehovah's standards are so high and so many of us do our best to live up to them that when one does have an issue it shocks people.

I don't believe one word of this slanderous "news" article. This is the type of piece on Witnesses that some Eastern European countries have been guilty of having lately, absurd claims of obviously insane, possibly fake, people who are labeled Witnesses just because it draws readers, even though it is a total lie.-John 8:44; Revelation 21:8.

Contrary to media reports, the man who is 23 April 2012 set fire to himself in pos.Nahabino (Moscow Region)., Has never been a Jehovah's Witness. Notification to the journalists, unfortunately, did not specify the information to the press service of the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia. As a result, many have been misled about the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses.

"Dmitry Olenin regarded himself as messenger of God, and coming to us for worship, sought his support among our fellow believers, - says Pavel Didenko, the representative of Jehovah's Witnesses inIstra (Moscow Region).. - He even created obstacles holding our meetings. Dmitri stopped coming to our meetings in the autumn of 2011, when we gave him to understand that such activity is inappropriate in our services. "

All attempts to link the act of a madman with the teachings and activities of Jehovah's Witnesses is untrue speculation. According to the Bible, suicide is a grave sin (1 John 3:15)

This was discussed on G+

Im afraid i dont believe any news from Russia as it is always trying to discredit Jehovah's people as being a dangerous cult. They want to frighten people if younotice that most of the article mentions the countries where we are banned,

I don't believe one word of this slanderous "news" article. This is the type of piece on Witnesses that some Eastern European countries have been guilty of having lately, absurd claims of obviously insane, possibly fake, people who are labeled Witnesses just because it draws readers, even though it is a total lie.-John 8:44; Revelation 21:8.

The only place you can find perfection , is in the dictionary.

The headline might has well have read BEWARE! DELUSIONAL JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES' WILL SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST AT YOUR DOOR! lol. All that said, Micah, I am one of those who believes that a TRUE follower of Jehovah is a person who posess REASON, SENSE, SANITY and a HEART. I believe these to be key ingredients. There are A LOT of people out there that call themselves Jehovah's Witness that are not. My grandfather was one who would call himself a Witness. He would tell ALL who would listen that he was. Everyone believed him to be because he said he was but regretably he was not. He refused to get baptised, he didn't think it was necessary to preach, or to go to the meetings (except some Sundays), or study the bible, he took blood transfussions without a second thought and he never gave up old bad habits, NOTHING! He said ALL OF IT was unnecessary. LOL! I used to argue with him all the time because he would call himself a Jehovah's Witness and I would yell at him YOU CAN'T CALL YOURSELF A WITNESS GRANDPA! LOL! What was I going to do with him???? Anyway, not everyone that calls themself a witness is.

I miss my Grandpa.

What gets me is that people think that all JW's are sane.
really? where do you live.

I live in Ohio. The many, many worldly people I have spoken with here just can't understand why JW's behave the way they do sometimes. I always tell them that we aren't perfect either.

"But you guys have 'the true God' on your side. Why do some of you act like you're mentally unstable?"

As if being a JW automatically makes every one of us sane.

It's amazing how different we are to the rest of the world. Talk about a Baptist going on a rampage, ehhh.... Nothing. Methodist robbing a bank, ehhh... Let's turn to the sports page. Vatican dishing out millions to cover up sex abuse, lets change the channel But man, get a JW to litter, call CNN, FOX NEWS and the rest of the networks. I'm HAPPPY that people view us so out of the norm that we get headlines. ? ? Is that a good thing ? ?