JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

White Pizza!

I haven't made this Pizza since I quit eating gluten/wheat in 2009.    I had a taste for the richness of this homemade recipe and found what seemed a decent crust online a week ago.   It would have only been better with a small glass of wine...   and friends...   *sniff sniff*   but soon to be true I hear!!

The cheese sauce recipe came from the sister who studied with me in 1976 and was a sauce for a veal spinach noodle casserole and after begging her for the recipe (she caved) I never made the recipe for another 20 years!  As a much more experienced cook I immediately said to myself this sauce would be good in so many things!  It found its way into Swedish meatballs, an Italian sausage remake of the veal recipe and then I had this thought that white pizza I had tried never seem too exciting but I bet THIS SAUCE would kick it up a notch!  And from all responses it was a hit.    It is a simple uber-rich sauce 4 ingredients!   

Cream of mushroom soup 1 can (has a small amount of wheat thickener)

1 cup sour cream

1   8 oz cream cheese block

1/2 cup parmesan cheese     Blend until smooth spread 1/2 inch on crust  ( I believe it is freezable from memory.)

I think the toppings make it memorable, spinach wilted in olive oil with generous garlic bits (you decide I used 3 bulbs in the skillet), house smells like an Italian restaurant!   then here and there crumbles of feta cheese(2x4x1/4 inch slice), That's it!

1/2 the online gluten free recipe made 3- 9 inch crusts, I precooked in cast iron skillet with springform rim to spread mix to the edge at same thickness as center... I never really follow recipes! Just remember I halved the recipe!     Delicious Gluten-Free Pizza Crust - An Easy Dough Recipe (moonandspoonandyum.com) 1483319162_WhitePizza2022.thumb.jpg.08ccca05338768bbf6f802da8f9d951b.jpg   

Edited by Geralyn

bad memory!

I can’t have gluten either. I found a pizza crust at the store I love. It’s from Schar. You get two small pizza crusts for seven dollars.   I’m going to try this recipe. When in first saw white pizza, I recently read about a white pickle pizza and was anxious to get the recipe. 

16 minutes ago, Jeanie said:

white pickle pizza

I just looked at those online a couple look VERY interesting...   lol   now that I have a decent crust I may get adventurous...  

Edited by Geralyn