JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 758 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Me too. I use the app called Endel or Oak. The first one has some AI composed white noise type music scenarios and the other has some nature sounds. By the way, I find it extremely difficult to concentrate while having personal prayers without background music. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

I personally can’t read while listening to anything, unless it’s the Bible audio. It’s too distracting for me. I simply read the chapters for my daily Bible reading and then tell Jehovah what I learned from the reading.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I personally haven't tried this, but I will. I'll try anything. I have a lot of trouble with meditation in general. By the time I've read a verse or paragraph, it has gone out of my head (who knows where?). I simply don't have the powers of recall to bring it back again. It is a real handicap. I have to do 5 times as much study as anyone else just to get something to stick 😀

Well, I do manage to do what passes for meditation sometimes, but only in very specific circumstances. I always make sure to do some personal study before going out to take care of the lawn or garden. In this situation I seem to be able to bring back a handful of points from what I learned and try to think deeply on those. I haven't found too many other situations that are conducive to meditation. Most other times in life I am simply too distracted.

I will try your relaxing music idea and see what happens.

The only thing I would say as a caution is to avoid music or images that have some kind of spiritual connotation (other than pure worship, of course).

- If in your travels you chance upon an angry little garden, Run!!!

5 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

I like these but they are often in a loop and sometimes, you can detect the pattern, then lose the relaxing effect.

I like this one, because it isn't in a loop, it's designed manually and very nice

Also, this sunset isn't a loop, it's really 1hour long and finishes in darkness

4 hours ago, Suspended in Time said:

I personally haven't tried this, but I will. I'll try anything. I have a lot of trouble with meditation in general. By the time I've read a verse or paragraph, it has gone out of my head (who knows where?). I simply don't have the powers of recall to bring it back again. It is a real handicap. I have to do 5 times as much study as anyone else just to get something to stick 😀

Well, I do manage to do what passes for meditation sometimes, but only in very specific circumstances. I always make sure to do some personal study before going out to take care of the lawn or garden. In this situation I seem to be able to bring back a handful of points from what I learned and try to think deeply on those. I haven't found too many other situations that are conducive to meditation. Most other times in life I am simply too distracted.

I will try your relaxing music idea and see what happens.

The only thing I would say as a caution is to avoid music or images that have some kind of spiritual connotation (other than pure worship, of course).

Maybe try drawing? Nothing pretty, I bought a book called vidual notes or something like that. I can just draw some lines, circes and triangles but combing them makes the pictures vivid enough. 

when you read something try to draw it and make connections to other drawings. Seeing your thoughts as pictures can make it easier for you. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏