JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Need guidance to set up hybrid audio/video systems

Hello dear friends,

Greetings to you all. 

Our KH is being used by 6 congregations. We 4 brothers have been giving the responsibility by elders to set up the hybrid audio/video system for the meetings. Our congregation does not have the audio interface and hence it's becoming to set up the connections as shown in the sample correctly. We just have this amplifier with us, which was enough for us to run our meetings until now. We have tried everything but we have not been able to get the system working. 

We have got some additional weeks to finetune this as there is some maintenance work going on in our KH and hence our in-person meetings have not yet started. I was hoping to get some directions and suggestions from you dear friends if you too faced such a situation, and if you got this working. 

All suggestions are welcome!

Regards,

Dominic

411TXd2ORVL.jpg.59269c7f3a336e00479a241628d4aeee.jpg

Edited by Dominic Pereira

If I understand the manual correctly you would use the line out to connect to a boost amplifier which you would plug into the input of the computer.

Something like this - https://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Booster-Amplifier-Audio-Control/dp/B08L4WYSZ4 (just an example)

Then use the red white to a 3.5 mm jack into input on PC or convert to USB. I'm not super familiar, but worth checking.

2 minutes ago, The German said:

The problem may be in the USB interface. I read "USB Reader". Can you record or save the program from the hall on the computer via this USB interface? If it doesn't work, it will be the wrong device.

Correct, it's only a reader to play sound over the hall speakers. There is a line out that needs to go to a box that allows the PC to take it as input.

I can't find a manual on this amplifier, but based on the sales information it has both line in and line out.  If that is the case, then

Input side:

The 4th input is switchable between mic level and line level.  You probably only need one of these cables to connect to the line out of the computer:

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMP-303-Mono-Interconnect-Cable/dp/B000068O3G/ref=sr_1_3?crid=32A0NIUJG2WFS&keywords=1%2F8"+to+1%2F4"+mono&qid=1649599692&s=electronics&sprefix=1%2F8+to+1%2F4+mono%2Celectronics%2C119&sr=1-3

But you probably have that already in order to play songs???

Output side:

I'm guessing it is on the back of the amplifier.  Most computers either have discreet line in / mic in port, or they have an auto-detect port, based upon the input level.  If that's the case, all you need is a 1/8" male to bare wire (I'm guessing it's screw terminals on the back)

If someone can post the pdf showing the schematic it would be helpful

Alternatively, if you use a mixer you could use the inputs to the mixer (to play audio) and the aux sends of the mixer to feed back to the computer