JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

End Of The US As A Superpower

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4371 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

You know i see these articles and hear others say this - then i look at the Bible, Daniel and revelation, and it says US/UK is the LAST world powered. Then i realize articles like it are just demonic propaganda - trying to discredit what the Bible clearly shows. I try to stay away from it so i won't be wrongly influenced.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

You know i see these articles and hear others say this - then i look at the Bible, Daniel and revelation, and it says US/UK is the LAST world powered. Then i realize articles like it are just demonic propaganda - trying to discredit what the Bible clearly shows. I try to stay away from it so i won't be wrongly influenced.

That's kind of what the article is saying. The US as a superpower is reaching an end. As we know, it will be the last superpower.

Not so. The second article stated :

The signs of the emerging new world order are many. First, there is China's astonishingly rapid rise to great-power status, both militarily and economically. In the economic realm, the International Monetary Fund forecasts that China's share of world GDP (15 percent) will draw nearly even with the U.S. share (18 percent) by 2014.

It puts China as the next world power, but the Bible says God's Kingdom is next. Contradicting the Bible is demonic propaganda

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The signs of the emerging new world order are many. First, there is China's astonishingly rapid rise to great-power status, both militarily and economically. In the economic realm, the International Monetary Fund forecasts that China's share of world GDP (15 percent) will draw nearly even with the U.S. share (18 percent) by 2014.

It puts China as the next world power, but the Bible says God's Kingdom is next. Contradicting the Bible is demonic propaganda

I realize that, the entire article is not accurate about bible prophecy, never said it was. Just posted it cause it was interesting article about the times we live in. This was an interesting quote:

The U.S. National Intelligence Council has concluded that by 2023 American dominance “will be much diminished” even though the U.S. “will remain the pre-eminent power.”

But not for long!!!!!!

I thought it was interesting cause this is something we already know based on bible prophecy that the US will be the final government.

Just a news item, relax.

Ava, i am not attacking you. I am attacking these articles and ones like it. They clearly contradict the Bible.

It is interesting to see the type of propaganda Satan will use to distract people from what is really coming

That rock cut from the Mountain is almost here and he can see it coming.

We need to be ready for MUCH more distraction coming.

Soon .....

What's next, the economy is in the toilet better work hard to preserve what you have! Oh wait, he is already using that one.

I know - make the economy rebound so everyone can work hard to regain what they lost. That one is coming.

Common theme - work hard for things. For the desires of the eyes, flesh and showy display. Pay no attention to what is really going on.

Soon .....

I see Ava's point. Looking at the writings of the worlds 'wise ones' makes us smirk and know what Jehovah thinks of their plans. :popcorn:

Although I KNOW they are wrong . .it is smart to keep an eye on current opinions as we will meet people at the door who will raise exactly these topics. :crackwhip:

Thanks Ava. :punk:

I see Ava's point. Looking at the writings of the worlds 'wise ones' makes us smirk and know what Jehovah thinks of their plans. :popcorn:

Although I KNOW they are wrong . .it is smart to keep an eye on current opinions as we will meet people at the door who will raise exactly these topics. :crackwhip:

Thanks Ava. :punk:

Just to clarify, saw this on another witness site. The only discussion was that we know the US is the last world power, and isn't it interesting that yes, the US is losing steam as a world power, and it's interesting cause we know we are living in interesting times and we are close to the end.

That is all, lol.

Yes, the stuff about China is not accurate, but the only thing we were discussing was the US part.

And it is good to be up on current affairs. My last CO knew everything that was going on in the world politically, economically etc. It did help him in the ministry.

It's interesting because we know that there is a somewhat prominent king of the north in the time of the end that succeeds the Communist USSR, for the king of the north and the king of the south both exist when they are destroyed, even though only the king of the south is the 7th and final world power. Also, it's interesting because if no world power succeeds the US, and people are saying the US is in decline relative to other countries, might that say something about the closeness of the end? It's all speculation but interesting anyway.

Also, it's interesting because if no world power succeeds the US, and people are saying the US is in decline relative to other countries, might that say something about the closeness of the end? It's all speculation but interesting anyway.

That's the only reason I posted it, lol. We were talking about it on another site and we thought it was interesting.

The June WT has an interesting statement as well. It says this:

The prophecies about

the immense image and the wild beast

confirm that the Anglo-AmericanWorld

Power will not be replaced by some future

world power. This last world power

may be weaker than that represented by

the legs of iron, but it will not disintegrate

on its own.

The US is getting weaker.

It's interesting because we know that there is a somewhat prominent king of the north in the time of the end that succeeds the Communist USSR, for the king of the north and the king of the south both exist when they are destroyed, .

That is exactly what I was thinking about!

I also have a related question: May it be that China turns to be a King of the North, as it was a good friend to Soviet Union the same as Germany was at times before WW II ?

Just another speculation...:)

"Absolute rubbish”

It's interesting because we know that there is a somewhat prominent king of the north in the time of the end that succeeds the Communist USSR, for the king of the north and the king of the south both exist when they are destroyed, .

That is exactly what I was thinking about!

I also have a related question: May it be that China turns to be a King of the North, as it was a good friend to Soviet Union the same as Germany was at times before WW II ?

Just another speculation...:)

That's my theory too. But it's still speculation until the new world when we'll know for sure. ;)

What I get from this is how close we are to the end of this system of things. Since we know America/Great Britain will be the last world power and there clearly are signs of slippage, financially and every other way, it can't be long. We also have to look at the part the Eighth King will play. The UN at some point will be given the power and the idea from Jehovah to destroy BTG. Could UN Agenda 21 have a role in this?