JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2019 Research Guide Updated in JW Library

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 725 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The JWPUB version of the Research Guide was updated. In the Scriptures Explained Section now includes References that go back to 1950 from the WT and to 1970 from other publications. The references were also updated until the March 2022 issue of the WT. How awesome is that?

4 hours ago, Tony said:

The JWPUB version of the Research Guide was updated. In the Scriptures Explained Section now includes References that go back to 1950 from the WT and to 1970 from other publications. The references were also updated until the March 2022 issue of the WT. How awesome is that?

I saw that new Research Guide a couple of days ago. But my Android tablet version won't update it (Windows version is okay). I click the update button, but after the "update" it still says there's an update available. And on the Title Page/Publisher's Page, it still says "May 2020 Printing."

I tried deleting the Research Guide and reinstalling it. I even tried uninstalling JW Library and reinstalling it. But that Research Guide never gets to the new version. :confused:

Edited by Sheep

Yeah, I was wondering why there was a button in my Bible section telling me to download the Research Guide.

My Android Tablet (Samsung, Android 9) got the update with no issues, as well as the Windows app version.

Such a wealth of information in there!  I can't believe how many references there are for Gen 1:26 !!!

- If in your travels you chance upon an angry little garden, Run!!!

On 4/29/2022 at 12:25 AM, Sheep said:

I tried deleting the Research Guide and reinstalling it. I even tried uninstalling JW Library and reinstalling it. But that Research Guide never gets to the new version. :confused:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/Research-Guide-for-Jehovahs-Witnesses-2019-Edition/

and then i used the jwpub.

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_publication/66/rsg19_E.jwpub )

6 hours ago, The German said:

Unfortunately, I posted this in the wrong place. I reposted it in the Computers forum. As I mentioned there, I had already tried the above, to no avail. It's still the old version of the Research Guide.