JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

For the love of our purr babies - and you can chat about your woofers too.

I thought I would start a discussion about our beautiful pets. Probably better here than in the Convention topic.  Someone will come along and hand out some discipline soon. 😉

Jehovah has given us such wonderful furs and purrs and so many of us have them in our lives and love them dearly.  So why not a special topc where we can discuss the ones we have and the ones we have lost.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I had a beautiful miniature lop eared rabbit, I was her person. If I had to go away, my husband feeding her didn't cut it, after a maximum of 4 days of this she'd go on a hunger strike! She had the run of my garden all day long, and never left the property. I'd look out of the window and see a random brother or sister roaming around, they looked for my rabbit before knocking on the door and visiting me! 😂

She stood up to all the neighborhood cats, they gave her a wide berth after experiencing her teeth inches away from their backsides 🤣 

She " assisted" my husband when he was chopping wood or pruning trees, moving bits to where she thought they should be! 

And I could pick her up anytime during the day, but at bedtime she'd play hide and seek! 

The day she died, she waited for me to come and pick her up as I usually did in the morning, and she died in my arms. I hadn't realized anything was wrong until it was too late 😥

The whole congregation mourned my rabbit, everyone loved her. 🐰💗

That is such a moving story, Jennifer. Miniature lops are the best. ❤️💔 Every so often there is an extra special fur baby that comes along and tears at our heartstrings more than others. 

I love bunnies and have had a few over the years but the one that stands out for me was a miniature lop called Piper. He also had the run of my garden and never tried to escape. At bedtime I would call him and he would run to his cage and jump in and wait for his bedtime treat. 

I lost him because of a neighbour's dog. They put their Boxer dog in my garden one day when they were having a garage sale. I was at work and didn't know. Enough said. 💔💔

I would love to have another lop bunny, but my circumstances aren't right so I am resisting the temptation though the struggle is real. 

I will wait for the new world. 

Edited by GeordieGirl

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

https://rabbitbreeders.us/adorable-friendly-mini-lop-ear-bunnies/

The Bauer Bunnies are bred to be friendly. They are born in a home and held from birth.They receive supplemental feeding the first week from me so that they will bond with people.

image.png.06875f0aa5dbbcda6503d06bea50314e.png

How adorable!