JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Living it Up! Low-Carb Style!

I did pretty good today and yesterday. I'm going to start walking, too, to help burn some fat.

Thanks so much Al for the info. I"m going to print this out and take it grocery shopping with me next time. I love nuts and seeds. I've never tried soybeans, but I'm going to now. I love to crunch on nuts and seeds instead of chips.

I"m not big opn potatoes anyway, but especially sweet potatoes, unless they are loaded with brown sugar...hahaha. That would defeat my purpose so I think I'll skip these for now.

I love all my friends on this site!!!!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a sister on this site, who i invited a few days ago, and by IRONY

has this SITE: http://www.yourwater-yourlife.com/alkalizing.html

i rest my case.

love all of you...............

will be up loading the SAD and the CAD tomorrow via FTP

2009-2010 Circuit Assembly

Oregon Circuit 3, December 26 & 27, 2009 Woodurn, OR,

Safeguard Your Spirituality

2009-2010 Special Assembly Day

Rhode Island Circuit 1 Natick, RI, October 24, 2009

The Time Left is Reduced (1 Corinthians 7:29)

tell me, DO YOU want it or not? MP3.

cause no one pm's me or emails me anymore since i joined the group.

(sad (:

and baJR i cannot find your email..............

Hi Al.

Since this is off topic for this thread, I've started a new one over in Suggestions & Development about this. I would like to discuss this topic. Here it is...

http://members.jwtalk.net/yhwh/read.php?25,10704

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

All right, name ideas for the Recipe or Health forum are open for discussion in the Suggestions and Development forum....

http://members.jwtalk.net/yhwh/read.php?25,10735

Need some input to warrant the creation of the recipe themed room and to move forward.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Al....I drink a ton of filtered water, eat plenty of veges (not so many fruits), not a big fan of red meat (other than hamburgers). I take very few Rx and don't drink much milk (although I do love cheese). I'm going to join a gym tomorrow to get spme cardio with a little weight training thrown in. I also bought Baking soda and am going to start having a tablespoon with water every morning. Do you think this will help my body become more alkaline? I have read that Cancer can not grow in an Alkaline environment! Although I appear to be very healthy, I want to make sure. I've read all the info you have put on here, but was just wanting your opinion. Do you think this is good enough......?????

Thanks!

Lm

WoW! I am just surprised and happy to see that many people are getting the message of how important it is to be Alkaline. WHat you may or may not know is that everytime we eat.. no matter what it is..even grass.. our body produces Acid in order to digest the food. What is even more important than what we eat (Not saying that is not important) but is what we drink. Our cells are surrounded by liquid.. if the liquid we consume is compromised.. guess what, then so are our cells. Our tap water can not penetrate our cells, Bottled water like Reverse Osmosis acts like a sponge and goes through our body sucking out the minerals it had and then we eliminate those valuable minerals.

Here comes Mr Arthritis, and sister Osteoporosis., leading to Mother May I, May I have and aspirin or Tums or some pill that does very little to actually FIX what is broken, and our cells just degenerate and we become more and more acidic. Here is a site FULL of information! Enjoy and be enlightened Watch the Videos. PS Keep up the good work, we need to be proud of the bodies Jehovah made us and do what we can to take care of them.. My Opinion of course.

New_Dr_Otto_Warburg.pdf

Hello Joyce, glad to have you here and posting.

I certainly fail when it comes to what I drink. My wife gets on my case about needing to drink more water all the time. I love my coffee and am a popaholic, particularly diet coke, and then a single glass of diet sprite mixed with a little rum in the evening.

I already know that my highly acidic diet coke habit is probably really bad for me. My neighbor downstairs is a brother and he has recently become big on this water thing. He has some machine that hooks up to his tap and other brothers and sisters are coming over all the time gettting buckets and buckets of water from him. I haven't looked into it myself.

I could ditch the pop, but I have an adamant refusal to give up coffee. Perhaps I could make it with the healthy water :-)

I havent read thru the posts yet.. But I was wanting a idea of low carbs.. I thought carbs were bad for you.. I need to lose some weight so Would love to see a way how I can.. I dont know anything about carbs,..

I havent read thru the posts yet.. But I was wanting a idea of low carbs.. I thought carbs were bad for you.. I need to lose some weight so Would love to see a way how I can.. I dont know anything about carbs,..

Not all carbs are bad, but start with weaning yourself off of sugar and white flour to begin with. I'll try to give some more explanation here soon.

Oh Cool.. Thanks. I need all the help I can get.. he he.. I'm in the joking mood tonight.. lol

Not all carbs are bad, but start with weaning yourself off of sugar and white flour to begin with. I'll try to give some more explanation here soon.

Really all Carbs? I have failed before I get started!!!

Ummm.... I said not all carbs. There are good carbs, and there are wonderful ways to make tasty things without the carbs that we are used too.

This is why we are debating over starting a recipe forum. I've got a great recipe for low carb pizza. My wife makes these breadlike things, muffins or whatever, like those you get a Red Lobster for free with every meal. Absolutely delicious and filling.

Really all Carbs? I have failed before I get started!!!

Ummm.... I said not all carbs. There are good carbs, and there are wonderful ways to make tasty things without the carbs that we are used too.

This is why we are debating over starting a recipe forum. I've got a great recipe for low carb pizza. My wife makes these breadlike things, muffins or whatever, like those you get a Red Lobster for free with every meal. Absolutely delicious and filling.

See that's what I need! I am absolute breadaholic!!!!

Indeed the best time to get any real reading done! LOL My head feels like a beehive when everyone is up. If you have "any" questions please ask, There is so much more than meets the eye on this.. i learned something alarming you may already know, the government allows 25% of untreated raw sewage to be blended with our tap water. Pretty scary isn't it. :o

Indeed the best time to get any real reading done! LOL My head feels like a beehive when everyone is up. If you have "any" questions please ask, There is so much more than meets the eye on this.. i learned something alarming you may already know, the government allows 25% of untreated raw sewage to be blended with our tap water. Pretty scary isn't it. :o

Hi Joyce!!! Hmm seems like just a minute ago we were talking on the phone. Well on my way to the meeting. My ride just called to say they are on their way!