JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What did you see while out in service?

Yesterday in Belfast town centre i saw a drunk lady have an argument with a lamp post.

She was having a proper go at it, But the lamp post won the argument when she punched it, and she hurt her hand.

Funniest thing i ever saw. :laugh:

:boxing::lol1:

We once watched a woman by a bus-stop talking into her mobile/cell phone. There was a seagull sat on the lamp-post above her head. Whenever she spoke into the phone with a question and paused the seagull squawked. It was like they were having a conversation and we were trying not to laugh too loud and be noticed. It went something like:

"Are you coming down to town on the bus?"

"Squawk"

"Are you bringing your baby and his buggy?"

"Squawk"

"I've told you before,you should bring the buggy because we will be getting fish and chips and I can't carry all the shopping and everyone's Fish and chips just because you're carrying your baby and can't carry your share!"

"Squawk,Squawk"

"Don't give me that kind of language missy or you'll be getting your own chips. Just do as your told!"

"Squawk, Squawk"

"I should think so too!" and she rang off and got on the bus that arrived!

• 2 weeks later...

Many things witnessed in sevice through the years but 3 things stand out in my mind:

1) Saw a large Hound Dog Running down the road with his head stuck in a gallon Pickle jar.

2) One day saw a Crow Flying with his beak stuck throug a very large Styrofoam Cup from a local drive-in and 2 blocks over a Squirrel Climbing a tree with a family size bag of Cheetos up to his nest. No Joke!

3) Several years ago Working in Wilderness area of Arkansas about 1 hour drive in from main roads we got lost just streams and valleys on dirt roads. We ran across a Satanic ritual site with an alter they were using for Sacrifices. (Blood Stains all over the rocks) The only tracks into the place were made by horses and needless to say we got outta there fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually we see a lot of amulets on the doors: like horseshoes or icons, fish symbols, crosses, bundles of dry grass, brooms, but today I've seen something really unusual. You know some times there was the image of "saint", other times the broom amulet, but today it was "two in one" - the broom amulet with the "St. Nicolas" on it. ::o How do they know they are equal? [spoiler="St. Brownie"'...:laugh:]

114091=6266-111.jpg

114091=6267-22.jpg

"Absolute rubbish”