JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

THE WATCHTOWER—STUDY EDITION February 2023

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 518 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

You mean that I cannot speculate Revelation 16:21 as those hailstones as being big chunk of chocolate???? AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

They cannot be chocolate, as hailstones is made of frozen water. Now if you said icy poles, caplyso, sunny boys or any other icy confectionery, then we cannot speculate that it will be these.

image.png.9591ca67a7f3b821d5407404741641b3.png

Cool Shark! They were awesome!

I liked the study 9

paragraphs 6 and 7

6 The Bible is not a book about health or diets. But it does reveal Jehovah's viewpoint on this. For example, Jehovah says to 'put away from our bodies things that are harmful' to health. (Eccl. 11:10) The Bible says that we should not do certain things that put our lives at risk, such as overeating or drinking too much alcohol. (Pro. 23:20) Jehovah expects each of us to have self-control in deciding how much to eat and drink. - 1 Cor. 6:12; 9:25.

7. How can we make good decisions that show that we value life? By using our reasoning. (Ps. 119:99, 100; read Proverbs 2:11.) For example, we can think sensibly about what we will eat. If we like a certain food, but know that it is bad for us, it would be better not to eat it. We also show that we have discernment by getting enough sleep, exercising regularly, having good personal hygiene, and keeping our house clean.

We just "got out" of a pandemic 
So the advice about hygiene is still valid

Interesting also about eating and drinking

As we are apparently in an "apparent normality" it is necessary to be careful about these things as they are also "signs of the end of the system of things" - Luke 21:34

On 11/23/2022 at 12:52 AM, Tortuga said:

Screenshot_20221122_165205.thumb.jpg.69d2cfec5c01d806060e8111f37f1f80.jpg

Something I've always thought and expressed and gained constant rejection from some in the congregation and here. Now the GB has explicitly included these words in the Watchtower let's hope the few who disagreed with me will "take back their words" as did faithful Job 😊

1 hour ago, Jay D said:

let's hope the few who disagreed with me will "take back their words" as did faithful Job 😊

I'll be happy to take back every thing you said...:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 11/23/2022 at 1:52 AM, Tortuga said:

Screenshot_20221122_165205.thumb.jpg.69d2cfec5c01d806060e8111f37f1f80.jpg

I really like this paragraph. War in Ukraine and the prophecy of KOTN come to mind. 

I understand that we may ponder how world events fulfill Bible prophecy but we shouldn’t force others to agree with us. I’d imagine it’s okay to share our reflections to our spouse/close friends/dedicated topic on JWTalk in a non-intrusive manner but it wouldn’t be upbuilding to spread them to wider audience. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

On 11/24/2022 at 6:19 AM, Pabo said:

They cannot be chocolate, as hailstones is made of frozen water. Now if you said icy poles, caplyso, sunny boys or any other icy confectionery, then we cannot speculate that it will be these.

image.png.9591ca67a7f3b821d5407404741641b3.png

Cool Shark! They were awesome!

Do you remember those Milk sunnyboys?

5 hours ago, Micka said:

Do you remember those Milk sunnyboys?

I just remember the general flavours of cola, raspberry, orange and lime for the Sunnyboys. The thing with Sunnyboys, you could win a free one when you looked inside the packaging. There was like something like 1 in 5 chance of getting a free one.

There was a frozen milk product called Snips in a similar packaging as the Sunnyboys, but they were based in South Australia - Golden North was the maker.

image.png.e554809fb22f2d40e417c38c62099f20.pngimage.png.dc69cc4e2384ec6ceba44c341eb30d96.png

I remember we had these thickshake satchets which were stored in the freezer, but we're in a plastic rectangular packaging which came in strawberry and chocolate flavours.

Edited by Pabo

11 hours ago, Pabo said:

I just remember the general flavours of cola, raspberry, orange and lime for the Sunnyboys. The thing with Sunnyboys, you could win a free one when you looked inside the packaging. There was like something like 1 in 5 chance of getting a free one.

There was a frozen milk product called Snips in a similar packaging as the Sunnyboys, but they were based in South Australia - Golden North was the maker.

image.png.e554809fb22f2d40e417c38c62099f20.pngimage.png.dc69cc4e2384ec6ceba44c341eb30d96.png

I remember we had these thickshake satchets which were stored in the freezer, but we're in a plastic rectangular packaging which came in strawberry and chocolate flavours.

No I haven't seen them. My Mum worked at the Sunnyboy factory in Sydney, and she bought those milk ones home, 

4 hours ago, Micka said:

No I haven't seen them. My Mum worked at the Sunnyboy factory in Sydney, and she bought those milk ones home, 

I never knew that they made milk versions. I was at school in the 80's, so it may have been in the 70's and previous years that they made these.

Even in many websites discussing Sunnyboys, they never mention a milk variety, but other flavors that they discontinued or made available. Sunnyboys were sold out to National Foods in 1991 then later to Daily Juice Co.