JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

So I went for a job interview today. I interviewed for a laboratory analyst role, where I'd be looking at NMR (MRI basically) information from urine samples to see whether or not people have ovarian or breast cancer. Irony, I wrote a research paper on detection methods of these diseases.

Even more irony....The young man training who would be training me, is leaving the role to go to California to join the Seminary.... I'd have a whole month to witness to him.

Haha @ pee eww, and wee bit of success...

I wasn't even going to apply for the job and sent my resume off on a whim at 1:30 a.m., because I only have IR spectroscopy experience, but for some odd reason I thought that I did have NMR and put that on my resume.

I realized my mistake yesterday, and fessed up right away at the beginning of the interview. Everything else about the job is a 100% fit, and then when I heard why he was leaving...I thought oh Jehovah, you sneaky, sneaky you :P I got goose bumpies!!!

Everything else about the job is a 100% fit, and then when I heard why he was leaving...I thought oh Jehovah, you sneaky, sneaky you :P I got goose bumpies!!!

Be sure to give him the Bible Teach Book as a parting present....how appropriate..

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

Everything else about the job is a 100% fit, and then when I heard why he was leaving...I thought oh Jehovah, you sneaky, sneaky you :P I got goose bumpies!!!

Be sure to give him the Bible Teach Book as a parting present....how appropriate..

I certainly will! He's a very personable young man, and for him to leave science to go to God is a huge step (even if it's in the wrong direction at this point), I really, really hope to get this position for this reason alone. The rest of it will be a good entry level thing, but to be able to help him to analyze the bible properly and become a part of Jehovah's work would be the greatest privilege of all.

:tsk: Fighting with cancer.... Poor ignorant baby :)

I couldn't agree more. Once upon a time I was going to be a doctor, then I realized that no matter how much I helped people, I couldn't personally bring anyone back from the dead. I left the education behind and began taking in new knowledge, one that will restore loved ones that were lost, knowledge that will cure all the ills we see prevalent today and I am happiest when I do this work.

The method being used here will allow some women though to be able to find out they have these a little sooner, and to react accordingly to it. Ovarian cancer is often not found until it is too late, or even misdiagnosed as irritable bowel syndrome. Breast cancer can be missed, there have been instances where the metabolite shows that the patient has cancer, yet the mammogram/or other current screening methods miss it.

It's a tool that can be used, but it will never replace Jehovah's promises.