JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do you like to go out to eat?

If so, what kind of food do you order?

High fiber? low fat? Plenty of greens?

Or do you blow it all and order what you probably won't get at home?

Do you have a favorite restaurant? Or restaurant chain?

Fast food? Fancy surroundings? Basic home cooked meals?

What's your fave?

Well I like lots of different foods, curries, Italian, English i will try most things. Unfortunately hubby s diet is very limited, usually fish and chips or burger and chips he hates curries lol The only food i dont like is sea food. Though i have tried it.

At the moment im dieting which is making eating out difficult as most food comes with chips here. So i avoid it now.

I love most vegetables and salads. Hubby wont eat any at all.

The only place you can find perfection , is in the dictionary.

106830=5846-sushi_platter.jpg Yes, Musky and I enjoy dining out. My 'hands-down' favorite type of food is sushi, and we frequent a neighborhood restaurant that's been around forever and serves fabulous sushi, as well as 'non-sushi' Japanese food such as chicken/beef teriyaki, etc. We try to vary our restaurants--Musky loves to sink his teeth into a big juicy steak, and I enjoy lighter fare--such as salads. But isn't if funny how we are 'creatures of habit' and we'll often go to the same restaurants?! Sometimes we feel adventuresome, such as last Saturday when we tried out a great Mexican restaurant along the coast here in San Diego..a great discovery and we'll definitely be back. The margaritas were great, as was the food! Lots of beachgoers (beach is right across the highway) will drop by, so the atmosphere is very 'California casual'.

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

I do not like to go out to eat....but when I do I get the same thing .French Onion soup and a salad with honey mustard dressing . If I go to Chinese with my son occasionally I get wonton soup and steamed rice and these sesame seed covered sweet potato balls the local place makes.

106939=5852-imagesCAAUT3ID.jpg

My wife and I like to eat out occasionally and we have a couple of favourite places to go: A tapas bar called Bar Estlio in Teddington (and also in Richmond Upon Thames) which serves lovely Spanish oriented food, and an Italian restaurant called La Serenata close to Twickenham station. It is run by an elderly Italian couple who are incredibly sweet - they occasionally give us a bottle of wine to bring home (for reasons I won't go into here). The wife's fleshly sister is in the truth too!

It isn't cheap, but the food is amazing. We sometimes go on the Friday evening after the convention as it is quite near.

We are having a weekend in Paignton (a seaside town in Devon) soon and I looked on the internet for restaurants and found an absolutely hilarious page!

http://www.paignton.com/eating-out/style/british

Look at the various cuisines on the left, click any of them and follow the link to restaurant. Each one says exactly the same about its food etc. Only the type of food is changed! e.g. "Fine Dining": Lily's restaurant.

Enjoy the real flavour of England right here in true English style with our very own little piece of England.

We specialize in all the classic English recipes, so whatever your favourite English meal is, whether it’s Fish & Chips, Roast Beef Dinner, Steak & Chips, Shepherd’s Pie, you can be sure to be well catered for while enjoying a warm & friendly English service.

We Hope that by the time you finish your meal you will almost feel English & feel more than satisfied with your very own English experience & want to return time after time.

Chinese: China Blue restaurant:

Enjoy the real flavour of China right here in true Chinese style with our very own little piece of China.

We specialize in all the classic Chinese recipes, so whatever’s your favourite Chinese meal, whether it’s , sweet & sour pork, chicken Chow Mein, Roast Duck with Black Bean Sauce, King Prawn Fried Rice, you can be sure to be well catered for while enjoying a warm & friendly Chinese service.

We Hope that by the time you finish your meal you will feel more than satisfied with your very own Chinese experience & want to return time after time.

Every one of them says the same!!

Loved reading about all the wonderful types of food...truly salivating! I LOVE shrimp, so if the restaurant has that, I always order it. Seafood restaurants abound here in Florida and it is great to try new types (except mussels...I don't like them!). I also like Chinese food...orange beef, egg drop soup. If I can't go to the restaurant for a sit down dinner, I'll do takeout. Also like a good steak at Port Orange Steakhouse. Jehovah sure gave us a wonderful choice when it comes to food! :toothbrush:

• 1 month later...

If so, what kind of food do you order?

High fiber? low fat? Plenty of greens?

Or do you blow it all and order what you probably won't get at home?

Do you have a favorite restaurant? Or restaurant chain?

Fast food? Fancy surroundings? Basic home cooked meals?

What's your fave?

I like to go out to eat. My favorite is a local one (Toborgui). It taste nice, yeah!

No. As i am single there are very few place that you can go in the evening to eat on your own.

So its beer and pizza if i so fancy cooking.

I agree about the eating alone in public issue . . I often travel alone for work and I hate going into a hotel/motel restaurant and sitting alone at the table. Business travellers (mostly men) sit around the room suffering the same awkwardness . . but we join strangers we don't know . . I ask for a tray in my room.

Hubby will accompany me on my next trip as I will be driving to a well know fishing town for the next shop fit-out. We will make the most of two night away paid for by the company . .and eat together in the restaurant TWO night in a row . . .Sea Food for one . . juicy steak for the next night,. :eat:

Up iN Cronulla there is a cossy little Italian restaraunt.. Called Giovanni's. we go once a year.. But he has the best Lasagne` Very authentic.

down In wollongong there is a Chinese Buffet we take the kids there and its great and the kids love the desserts.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 1 year later...

Bad case of food posioning from well know restaurant last evening, someone told me that the salsa is not always kept cold (maybe in sitting out for long periods of time) and that may have been the source. This is a well know restaurant chain. I need to start reading the health reports again. Not worth going through that again.