JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Serena Williams 'Will Never Date Again' - Unless He's a Jehovah's Witness

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4344 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Your comment was fine, imo.

Yes it was. I just wanted to try to prevent this topic from going in the wrong direction. Remember we decided to make the News forum visible to unregistered guests, so let's be positive and not be overly critical.

Very well stated. Thank you.

Serena Williams 'Will Never Date Again' - Unless He's a Jehovah's Witness By Daniel Distant ' date=' Christian Post Reporter April 24, 2012|8:46 am

107336=5871-serena-williams.jpg (Photo: Reuters/Shannon Stapleton) Serena Williams is done with dating. Serena Williams, the famed female tennis star, told her over 2 million followers on Twitter that she no longer dates. Whether the rumors, men, or just dating has gotten to her, no one knows, but one thing is for sure- she will "never date again," according to her Twitter feed. "I will never date again is what I mean," Williams responded to a user, KeithOneal1, who asked her "You don't 'date' what exactly do you do?" The questions came in response to the tennis champion's Twitter topic #serenafriday. Last Friday, the star told her followers that she would answer as many questions as she could if they contained the hashtag, and many responded. Williams remained patient as the dating question came up more than once. "Would you go out on a date if I sent u a pic?" wrote oceanwaterent. "I don't date," replied Williams. [This article was submitted to JWTalk Forums by Givonne Knights.] The reason the 30-year-old has sworn of dating could have a lot to do with her faith. Raised as a Jehovah's Witness, the tennis champion told Sister 2 Sister magazine that it was important that she find a man of faith to marry. "I think it's important when you marry to be evenly yoked," she said, quoting 2 Corinthians 6:14. The verse warns Christians not to be too entangled with unbelievers. "I've been studying to be a Jehovah's Witness, so I go to Kingdom Hall," she told the publication. "I grew up a Witness and it's what I know and we teach things that come from the Bible." Despite the fact that their beliefs are not those of mainstream Christianity, there are plenty of Jehovah's Witnesses for Williams to marry, if she so chose- the organization has over 7 million members. Williams could also be disillusioned with dating because of the men she's been with in the past. She's been linked to rappers Common and Drake, as well as Washington Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington. Article Source: The Christian Post

im going to leave this one alone,ONLY jehovah knows her heart conditon............

Your comment was fine, imo.

Yes it was. I just wanted to try to prevent this topic from going in the wrong direction. Remember we decided to make the News forum visible to unregistered guests, so let's be positive and not be overly critical.

I remember Prince doing the Superbowl Half Time Show. I didn't think anything of it, and thought he made a remarkable improvement in cleaning up his performances over what he had been in the past (he had gotten very raunchy at one point). I thought covering "All Along the Watchtower" was a cute plug.

I agree Bob, it seems we just had a WT study a few weeks ago that covered this same topic, about how difficult is is to stay strong in the Truth and at the same time be "Famous" or have Celebrity... it's a real challenge! The last I've heard and read on Prince is that he is progressing spiritually, and is even going in service now... what a transformation from his previous style of living! Prince, if you are reading this as someone suggested might be happening, keep up the great work... we are with you and encourage you to continue drawing close to Jehovah! As for Serena, while she was raised in the truth, like many of us, she didn't stay close to it, with being a World Champion Tennis player and all... that can be a great distraction. Jehovah can help all of us progress to meet his standards of Christian living regardless of worldly influences that work to turn us away from the truth. Just a note, Serena, if you read this, I challenge you at a tennis match in about 300 years... maybe by then I will improve my game enough to be a challenge... since we should all be close to perfect by around then! (just a spot of humor):touche:

The last I've heard and read on Prince is that he is progressing spiritually, and is even going in service now...

As far as I thought, I assumed he was already a baptized brother, having come into the truth in the mid-1990's. His 2001 album, the Rainbow Children, definitely shows the influence of our teachings, even if in a cheesy sort of way.

He's been going out in the ministry for several years. I think it was in 2002 that I saw an article in USA Today about him going door to door.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

The last I've heard and read on Prince is that he is progressing spiritually, and is even going in service now...

As far as I thought, I assumed he was already a baptized brother, having come into the truth in the mid-1990's. His 2001 album, the Rainbow Children, definitely shows the influence of our teachings, even if in a cheesy sort of way.

He's been going out in the ministry for several years. I think it was in 2002 that I saw an article in USA Today about him going door to door.

This is an excerpt from an article published in 2004. I live in MN and Prince was attending our conventions and assemblies in Rochester, MN for several years before moving to I believe, Canada. I was at Paisley Park a couple of months ago for a ZUMBAthon - what a purple place that is!

"After a hush-hush romance, superstar and fan tied the knot in a Jehovah's Witness wedding in Hawaii on New Year's Eve 2001.

A year later, in a private ceremony at the Kingdom Hall in Chanhassen, Minnesota, Prince and Mani were baptised into their new faith in front of the 167-strong congregation.

A small bathtub-sized pool was hired for the occasion. Wearing knee-length robes with swimsuits underneath, they became full members of the church by being immersed in the pool.

Ronald Scofield - one of the elders of the Chanhassen Congregation, Prince's new place of worship - says it was a special day for all.

"Every time one of our members gets baptised it's exciting. But this was exceptionally exciting because it was someone who has made a lot of changes to their life.

"We have watched Prince since he started studying the Bible and noticed a dramatic change. It's something to be very proud of."

The death of Prince's mother, jazz singer Mattie Shaw, was a turning point for the star, who has sold more than 100million albums.

Her dying wishes were for him to become a Jehovah's Witness, as she had been for most of her life, and to see him married. He tied the knot with Mani weeks before his mother passed away and six months after the death of his father, pianist and bandleader John L Nelson."

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances.