JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone homeschooling?

Hello Brother Glenn not in the UK, but did homeschooling with my 2 now grown children. Most certainly rrecommending.

What I did was combine subjects ... art and horticulture and recreation into one, math accounting and economics can be rolled into one by teaching them the budget. 

Just little things that can save time with a good result. I used to tutor homeschooling art ... that was fun.

All the best.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Hi Brother Gleen,

I am not in the UK but I did homeschool my kids (now 21 years old).  If you are open to facebook groups there are a few jw homeschool groups.  If  you private message me I will give you links to them.  They ask that we don't post their links openly on social media. They do require you to answer questions as proof you are a  jw.  My kids benefited greatly from these groups.  They got to take classes online such as piano, sewing, etc. 

We are five children and homeschool them all.  We are in Canada.  We have JW friends in England who homeschool, there seems to be a really lovely community there, moreso than Canada.  My children take a zoom class from a sister in UK on Mondays (wildchild learning).