JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

alone in truth

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 410 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

My suggestion is keep pouring your heart to Jehovah in prayer and see if one of the 246 Morning worships or other videos in JW Library address your needs.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Jesus said that we would all be persecuted because of our faith.  Endure this trial with Jehovah's help.  Think about friends in Ukraine, in Russia, Crimea and other parts of the world where our work is banned and the friends are being thrown into prison.

Maintain your christian identity in behaviour, speech and so forth.  Pray fervently for endurance and courage.  We are so close to the end of this system.  We are all at this time being persecuted one way or another.

It's very hard to be the only Christian in your family. You're worth of commendation, Suresh. Your loyalty is surely making Jehovah happy.

Your family will pay more attention to what you do than to what you say. Keeping your integrity and at the same time being a good husband and father may have a powerful effect on them. Treat them always with kindness and love. Never give up. You never know what may reach their heart.

A nice morning worship on Principles for Persecution 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtMorningWorship/pub-jwb_201805_12_VIDEO

Lesson 59 of the Enjoy Life book addresses this issue too. https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/enjoy-life-forever/section-4/lesson-59/

You can also find nice examples of how others have dealt with opposition by doing a search. https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1988802?q=Family+persecution&p=doc

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

On 3/3/2023 at 1:54 PM, Dumma said:

how should the brother behave

You should always be on your best Christian behavior. Be helpful at home. Laugh when they laugh. But when they want to argue with you, turn the other cheek.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!