JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

13 minutes ago, Floyd said:

What do you use the csv file for?

I use the CSV file to import the report of the entire collection. We do not use the application or any other function of this program at all. I as secretary collect the reports into excel and convert to csv and import. It is very convenient than generating PDF etc. by myself. I'm already used to it :)

6 hours ago, TheKid23 said:

Anyone know what “AP” on my report is? I assume it’s Auxiliary Pioneer but I’m not an Auxiliary 🤔😅

On the Admin side it looks like the Secretary will check the AP box when applicable. Then the AP will show as checked in the FS History of the publisher. At least that is how it looks at first pass.

Has anyone worked with the Apply Yourself section of the CLM scheduling?  Our CLM overseer says that he has to manually enter all of the source material, council points and timing information for the student talks?  I'm the NWS admin for our congregation and wonder if others are seeing that with NWS 3.3....

8 hours ago, Luk_KK said:

I use the CSV file to import the report of the entire collection. We do not use the application or any other function of this program at all. I as secretary collect the reports into excel and convert to csv and import. It is very convenient than generating PDF etc. by myself. I'm already used to it :)

How do you import the field service reports? I have not seen that option.

You guys are awesome on this thread.  One of our brothers was panicking because there were missing service reports on JWS.  I tried to calm him down but he was insisting on trying to re-enter those reports manually.  I showed him screenshots from here and he decided to wait until the next update.  Well, the reports are back after the latest update, and I'm pretty sure that if he manually put the reports in, we'd have duplicates.

On 11/20/2023 at 8:12 PM, Floyd said:

Anybody have any issues with upgrading to the latest version?

Everything went fine here in Western New York. I did have to manually enter some of the students because auto fill wasn't accurate and I wanted to have more experienced students the first month. So far,so good.

We are also going to put some of the new mid-week meeting guidelines in a document and add it to NWP so everyone can become familiar with the new format.

I have been having a weird issue. When I import audio and video duties from KHS to NWS all the blank fields just fill in with someone random. What I mean by blank fields are fields that we do not use. Like there are places for 4 attendants but we only use 2. Has anyone else come across this before? I am not able to find that anyone has with a quick skim of the old posts. 

Edited by Bart1044

Hello dear friends,

I'm starting to get things ready to use NWS in our congregation, everything working perfectly fine.

However, we'd like to see publishers names sorted by the first name and alphabetically by default. Is it possible?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, André said:

Hello dear friends,

I'm starting to get things ready to use NWS in our congregation, everything working perfectly fine.

However, we'd like to see publishers names sorted by the first name and alphabetically by default. Is it possible?

Thanks!

Not sure about setting default, but by clicking on 'First Name' it will sort the publishers to that view.

Screenshot 2023-11-27 100123.png

Is there a way to prioritize the brother assigned to duties when using the automatic process?

For instance, I would like a certain brother to be assigned the platform duties before being automatically assigned to microphones. When this happens, I have to manually remove brother #1 from the other duty, assign brother #2 to that assignment and then assign brother #1 to the duty for which he is particularly qualified. 

Several brothers are assigned as being able to handle the platform, however 2 of the brothers have temporary issues, one family health and one personal health, to deal with which makes them irregular at the meetings. They have both expressed the desire to be used when they are able, but their availability changes from meeting to meeting. Other brothers who could do it would be better suited to other duties. 

To be able to prioritize a brother to a duty like platform, video or the like would be beneficial for our congregation.  

The reason why I ask I that I made a mistake and assigned one poor brother as platform and microphone. He did it, but I felt terrible.  

Thanks

31 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Not sure about setting default, but by clicking on 'First Name' it will sort the publishers to that view.

Screenshot 2023-11-27 100123.png

Thank you @Benjamin and @foghorn for your replies.
I was hoping that there would be an option to set it as default. Just because we're really used to it and it would be easier for some of the elders.

11 minutes ago, André said:

Thank you @Benjamin and @foghorn for your replies.
I was hoping that there would be an option to set it as default. Just because we're really used to it and it would be easier for some of the elders.

If you 'grab' the first name and slide it in front of the last name that may work as a default.