JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NW Scheduler/Publisher - Updates, Support, and Suggestions

Ty Carlos for your clarification.

As I was 'given' the code from the Administrator, does this mean that it was not done in the right sequence - as my permissions have changed?
(I did specifically ask if he was on 7.5 and if I should proceed...)
Does he have to 'restore' something?

Old (Downunder) Tone

12 hours ago, 👇 ꓤꓱꓷꓠꓵ🎵Tone said:

As I was 'given' the code from the Administrator, does this mean that it was not done in the right sequence - as my permissions have changed?

It could be the admin did not restore the backup.

Probably it's just an issue of permissions. Can you see the other sections you were authorized to see, meeting or service scheduling, territories, whatever, and do they contain updated information? If they do, that means your user is working fine and the admin just needs to adjust your permissions.

If you cannot access any section, it may be necessary to remove your user from Congregation Sharing and then add you again. You will need the usual stuff to log in: congregation ID and PIN, server and password.

On 6/7/2024 at 8:43 AM, DarinS said:

Anybody have huge issues with he new update

the scheduler side prompted for an update this past weekend

—we were @ regional convention

once 1-2 choose to update

it deleted everything in all schedules assignments duties

publishers can still login in - but other than seeing the talks

all the fields are blank

anybody ever see anything like this?

or better yet anybody ever FIX anything like this

So my computer updated fine, but it forced me to redo the sharing info and when other computers log in it shows blank everything including publisher list. 

but my computer shows it all still and so does the app. 

After the latest NWP update, our iPhone publishers are experiencing a strange bug on their devices. When they select "Open Map" in their territories, it closes the app entirely. Anyone else seeing this?

No issues with Android devices so far.

Edited by Cruzer

5 hours ago, quincy said:

forced me to redo the sharing info

You did not mention in your comment - were you the primary administrator? The NW Scheduler brothers gave very specific instructions for this upgrade to ver 7.5. The instructions had a lot to do with preserving the shared brothers. Do you know if those instructions were carefully followed? Everything seems as if it worked well for most of us.

9 hours ago, quincy said:

So my computer updated fine, but it forced me to redo the sharing info and when other computers log in it shows blank everything including publisher list. 

but my computer shows it all still and so does the app. 

Quincy, are you the admin? If you are, did you make a backup of the "Shared Persons" as the instructions explained? If you did, just restore the backup. If you don't have a backup you will have to remove all shared persons (I am speaking of Congregation Sharing, not congregation members!) then add them again and select their permissions.

In any of the two cases, every brother included in "Shared Persons" will have to log in again using the congregation ID and PIN, the server and the password.

After that it will work fine.

35 minutes ago, carlos said:

Quincy, are you the admin? If you are, did you make a backup of the "Shared Persons" as the instructions explained? If you did, just restore the backup. If you don't have a backup you will have to remove all shared persons (I am speaking of Congregation Sharing, not congregation members!) then add them again and select their permissions.

In any of the two cases, every brother included in "Shared Persons" will have to log in again using the congregation ID and PIN, the server and the password.

After that it will work fine.

So there was another brother in the hall that does scheduling, and he was trying to be helpful and just clicked through and updated without the backup. so i'm trying to do damage control and fix it. 

thanks for the advice, I will give that a shot.

32 minutes ago, quincy said:

So there was another brother in the hall that does scheduling, and he was trying to be helpful and just clicked through and updated without the backup. so i'm trying to do damage control and fix it. 

Don't worry, your data is not lost. The brother just needs to add you again to Shared Persons and give you the right permissions.

Just now, carlos said:

Don't worry, your data is not lost. The brother just needs to add you again to Shared Persons and give you the right permissions.

I was worried because I am the admin, but my home computer still shows it all and the main down at the hall does too. I will just have them sign out of the congregation and try again. It must have just been a glitch when they signed in. 

Thank you all for your help. I was worried there for a minute.

46 minutes ago, quincy said:

I was worried because I am the admin, but my home computer still shows it all and the main down at the hall does too. I will just have them sign out of the congregation and try again. It must have just been a glitch when they signed in. 

Thank you all for your help. I was worried there for a minute.

Quincy, did you know Micah Seierstad when he was assigned to the Quincy area?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

20 hours ago, Cruzer said:

After the latest NWP update, our iPhone publishers are experiencing a strange bug on their devices. When they select "Open Map" in their territories, it closes the app entirely. Anyone else seeing this?

No issues with Android devices so far.

Found out if we had either of the Google Maps selected in NWS "Territory Settings" as the "map overlay" for the NWP app, this would cause the app to close instantly when the publisher would select "Open Map" in their territories. Put it back to OpenStreetMap. Things seem normal again for both  Android and iPhone users.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.b9f18efd0d2384449c6281ae5e4caa9b.jpg

More updates are available.

NWS latest minor update is #1364

NWP latest update is 3.5.5

As Paul said, the software of the world is changing :whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Brother Den said:

What is the difference between my 8 digit personal pin number and the 6 digit ID number shown in the NWS app?

When you install NW Scheduler in your computer, you first need a congregation 9-digit ID and an 8-digit PIN to make sure you are selecting the right congregation. Then it will ask your email so that it knows which permissions you have, and a password to make sure you are one of the authorized brothers.

The 6-digit code you mention is used only one time to verify your email (to make sure you didn't type it wrong or entered someone else's email). You receive it in your email, copy it to the app, and don't have to worry about it anymore. You don't need to keep it or anything.

On 6/13/2024 at 4:27 PM, kurttkrueger said:

I've just noticed this tickbox in the Congregation Sharing tab:

image.png.7c34857cebcf19a5df182d9a0a541297.png

Anyone know what this does? Quick google didn't show anything. 

Thanks!

This is what I found on the NW Scheduler support page:

Disable Publisher Reports Sharing. This will remove all encrypted Publisher Report data from the Sharing Server and prevent any future sharing or synchronizing of Publisher Reports.

• Note: If you later re-enable this, Publisher Reports may not be synchronized correctly.
  • Note: We strongly recommend AGAINST doing this unless specifically directed by your local Branch.

https://nwscheduler.com/how-to/congregation-sharing/congregation-sharing-overview/

So it's a way to delete all report data and prevent the app from storing more reports in the future, I guess in case our work is banned or the branch gives us those instructions.

Would it be great if there could be a draft also on public talks? So we can schedule and publish only when everything is ready.
Also a button on each talker that says Paused would be great.
We have a couple of talkers who have been ill or away for other reasons. Now I need to delete his talks, otherwise someone can try to book them.

So a pause button that makes that talker invisible would be a great feature.

7 hours ago, BigMAC said:

Would it be great if there could be a draft also on public talks? So we can schedule and publish only when everything is ready.
Also a button on each talker that says Paused would be great.
We have a couple of talkers who have been ill or away for other reasons. Now I need to delete his talks, otherwise someone can try to book them.

So a pause button that makes that talker invisible would be a great feature.

Can you just uncheck the box for local and away public speaker? 

Two weeks ago, I was assigned to upload our 139 regular territories and 23 business territories from existing pdf files. Since they were about 2 mb each in size, I used the web app at https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf to compress them down to under 300 kb. In the NWS app, I changed the first "Notes" to "Do Not Call" on my first territory and the label changed for all the other territories. On that same page, I clicked on the edit icon and created Areas named Business, Campaign, Door to Door, Letter Writing and Phone Witnessing. I uploaded address lists for all of our Letter Writing territories, rather than street maps. While I was at home doing letter writing yesterday, I got my first "Territory Request" and I promptly sent the brother a new territory, how exciting! Since our business territory maps list from 1b to 23b, I added a "B" in each "Suffix" box. I am a retired elderly elder, so I reply quickly to any forum questions. For now, I only have experience in Territory.

11 hours ago, Brother Den said:

139 regular territories and 23 business territories from existing pdf files.

Sounds like you are quite capable and conscientious to get all that done in 2 weeks. When you are ready to go to the next level, I encourage you to create some house-house territories inside NW Scheduler, and populate them with individual addresses. Boundaries are very easy to create, and you can add addresses quickly - in a residential neighborhood, you could add 100 addresses in less than 15 minutes. The ability for publishers to mark these addresses as they work the territory is very powerful. Using some of the custom fields, we have 5 choices: Home, Not Home, Do Not Call, PrivProp/NoTress, Vacant.

9 hours ago, foghorn said:

Sounds like you are quite capable and conscientious to get all that done in 2 weeks. When you are ready to go to the next level, I encourage you to create some house-house territories inside NW Scheduler, and populate them with individual addresses. Boundaries are very easy to create, and you can add addresses quickly - in a residential neighborhood, you could add 100 addresses in less than 15 minutes. The ability for publishers to mark these addresses as they work the territory is very powerful. Using some of the custom fields, we have 5 choices: Home, Not Home, Do Not Call, PrivProp/NoTress, Vacant.

Some day we will. But baby steps. Our problem will be to get our large number of elderly publishers to use the app. Some still use flip phones!

21 minutes ago, Brother Den said:

Some day we will. But baby steps. Our problem will be to get our large number of elderly publishers to use the app. Some still use flip phones!

I see you live in Riverside, I remember when that area was mostly farms and cattle..