JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Why the UN Still Matters

🤔 That is interesting. As a peace keeping force I can see why people might question if the UN still matters.

However I've noticed that the UN has been directly impacting my day to day life hugely in the last few years. In fact I think it's more relevant than ever before in its history.

We tend to forget that the WHO is the UN, and so is the IMF. Many other major think tanks and forums who impact in government policy are also partnered with / branches of the UN.

Who was it that dictated to our governments on covid policy? - the WHO/UN. They literally dictated our every move.

I'm in the UK and Boris Johnson was PM at the start of the pandemic. His plan was to shield the elderly and vulnerable and to let everyone carry on as normal and catch covid. The WHO stepped in and over ruled him. They dictated lock down rules and other health measures.

The next Prime minister we had was Liz Truss. She made an economic plan for the UK. The IMF stepped in and over ruled her. They dictated fiscal policy.

Anyone else think this is relevant?

On 6/8/2023 at 3:50 PM, Frances Bennett said:

🤔 That is interesting. As a peace keeping force I can see why people might question if the UN still matters.

However I've noticed that the UN has been directly impacting my day to day life hugely in the last few years. In fact I think it's more relevant than ever before in its history.

We tend to forget that the WHO is the UN, and so is the IMF. Many other major think tanks and forums who impact in government policy are also partnered with / branches of the UN.

Who was it that dictated to our governments on covid policy? - the WHO/UN. They literally dictated our every move.

I'm in the UK and Boris Johnson was PM at the start of the pandemic. His plan was to shield the elderly and vulnerable and to let everyone carry on as normal and catch covid. The WHO stepped in and over ruled him. They dictated lock down rules and other health measures.

The next Prime minister we had was Liz Truss. She made an economic plan for the UK. The IMF stepped in and over ruled her. They dictated fiscal policy.

relevant indeed,

now lets see what the forthcoming *WHO Digital Health Program* has to offer us all 😬

On 6/8/2023 at 2:50 PM, Frances Bennett said:

I didn't realise the WHO and IMF were part of the UN. That's very significant! Thank you 

35 minutes ago, Abigail said:

I didn't realise the WHO and IMF were part of the UN.

The United Nations has a number of "Specialized Agencies":

Edited by Parale

8 hours ago, Parale said:

As the saying goes, they like to have fingers in lots of pies 🥧 

But since the time I was swinging my legs on a chair at "the group study" with my Revelation book on my lap learning to watch the UN carefully, I have never seen the UN so powerful. Never before have I watched the member States relinquish their power to the UN so unanimously. 

1 hour ago, Frances Bennett said:

As the saying goes, they like to have fingers in lots of pies 🥧 

But since the time I was swinging my legs on a chair at "the group study" with my Revelation book on my lap learning to watch the UN carefully, I have never seen the UN so powerful. Never before have I watched the member States relinquish their power to the UN so unanimously. 

The subsidiaries are so powerful, they overshadow their parent body and make it look weak, when it is in fact, very strong. 

2 hours ago, Abigail said:

The subsidiaries are so powerful, they overshadow their parent body and make it look weak, when it is in fact, very strong. 

I completely agree. 

When you consider that as the scarlet coloured wild beast/ image of the beast it was made by and is given it's power by the 2 horned wild beast you can see where it gets its "Oh I'm so peaceful, don't look at me I'm just a little laaaaamb" personality!

I often have to remind myself that Jesus described all of these entities as wild, ferocious, dangerous beasts...you can't trust any of them!