JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

AI vision of the past

How wrong is this!!!

image.thumb.png.e70d28080b1776144d09f5aefd446a5e.png

Sydney Opera House construction commenced in 1958 and was not completed until 1973, let alone any skyscrapers in the background where Ryde and North Sydney would be. The AMP building was the tallest building at its time in the early 60's, and it wasn't that much bigger then the height of the tallest sail of the Sydney Opera House, but it was eventually dwarfed by the Sydney Tower (formerly Centrepoint Tower) which was built in the late 70's and opening in the early 80's.

My brother has old 8mm camera film and photo slides that were taken by our grandfather of the Opera House being built. I remember as a very young kid going to Sydney with my grandparents in the Holden Torana SLR5000 (I only wish my grandfather never traded that car in for a new Holden VB Commodore) parking at Circular Quay (when you could back in the day) under the Cahill Expressway. We used to catch a ferry over to Manly or Taronga Zoo where you would pass by this landmark. Also, I can still remember Sydney Tower being built when we were out on the ferry in the middle of Sydney harbour.

I took the same screenshot. And reading from the comments, many other inaccuracies in other lands, like British driving on the right!? 🤔😳

A nice look at some past architectural styles. But in reality, in 1923, was the world so surgically clean? Didn’t they just come out of a world war and a pandemic?

I think I'll stick with getting ChatGPT to write fiction stories for me.  I asked it for medical advice and it was correct about migraine headaches. It sounded just like the migraine headaches that I started having when I was 12 around 1961.