JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Vacations organised for Jehovah’s Witnesses by Jehovah’s Witnesses

Some time ago (maybe 20 years plus) there were some brothers in the Dominican Republic who arranged vacations to a small hotel run by JW’s. Only JW’s we’re allowed on the holiday. Excursions and field service was arranged during the course of the vacation. Areas off the usual tourist places were visited including organised boat trips. Is anyone familiar with any brothers arranging vacations today, whatever part of the world? I was just thinking how much better it would be to vacation/holiday with brothers from different parts of the world rather than going to places where you are having to “mix” with those in the world. Albeit the mixing is out of necessity at hotels, excursions, restaurants etc.

PS. I am aware of brothers who organise trips to Bethels and Israel etc but I was thinking of just ordinary vacations.

Here is one. 

5. Our JW Tours are for Jehovah's Witnesses only. We facilitate the opportunity to travel to countries marked by bible history. Jehovah's Witnesses enjoy learning ancient history in a spiritually safe environment and vacation with fellow JW believers only. (Psalms 26:4) They desire an upbuilding and spiritually invigorating experience, whist avoiding the polluting effects of false religious propaganda and bad association. This comfort level is not new, and has been a long standing precedent. (Psalm 133:1)

https://discoverbiblelands.com/who-are-we%3F

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 5 months later...

I would be very interested in camping trips that might be organized by the brothers.  I'm looking at the Cold Spring area which is pretty central to Walkill, Patterson and Warwick.  I'd like to camp in the area for a week or two and arrange tours of all of our great locations in that area.  I have seen maps of several state parks in that area.  I am a senior sister, Canadian, and appreciate any input on this subject.  I see there are some that organize trips.  That's a wonderful idea.

Here is one. 

5. Our JW Tours are for Jehovah's Witnesses only. We facilitate the opportunity to travel to countries marked by bible history. Jehovah's Witnesses enjoy learning ancient history in a spiritually safe environment and vacation with fellow JW believers only. (Psalms 26:4) They desire an upbuilding and spiritually invigorating experience, whist avoiding the polluting effects of false religious propaganda and bad association. This comfort level is not new, and has been a long standing precedent. (Psalm 133:1)

https://discoverbiblelands.com/who-are-we%3F

Got an error msg for the link, do you have an updated link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/11/2023 at 8:42 PM, Peter Woodford said:

Some time ago (maybe 20 years plus) there were some brothers in the Dominican Republic who arranged vacations to a small hotel run by JW’s. Only JW’s we’re allowed on the holiday. Excursions and field service was arranged during the course of the vacation. Areas off the usual tourist places were visited including organised boat trips. Is anyone familiar with any brothers arranging vacations today, whatever part of the world? I was just thinking how much better it would be to vacation/holiday with brothers from different parts of the world rather than going to places where you are having to “mix” with those in the world. Albeit the mixing is out of necessity at hotels, excursions, restaurants etc.

PS. I am aware of brothers who organise trips to Bethels and Israel etc but I was thinking of just ordinary vacations.

It be for someone to take the lead if non arrangements is available. 

4 hours ago, IcemanEli said:

Got an error msg for the link, do you have an updated link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, sorry I do not have one. (Did not need one since then..) Edited: I just clicked on old one and it took me to the website, all working fine, perhaps there is something wrong on your side?

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)