JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Saturday, August 12 Yet once more . . . I will shake the heavens and the earth.​—Hag. 2:6.

Saturday, August 12

Yet once more . . . I will shake the heavens and the earth.—Hag. 2:6.

Jehovah has shown great patience during these last days. He does not want anyone to be destroyed. (2 Pet. 3:9) He has given all an opportunity to repent. But his patience has limits. Those who reject this opportunity will find themselves in a situation similar to that of Pharaoh in Moses’ day. Jehovah said to Pharaoh: “By now I could have thrust my hand out to strike you and your people with a devastating plague, and you would have been wiped out from the earth. But for this very reason I have kept you in existence: to show you my power and to have my name declared in all the earth.” (Ex. 9:15, 16) All the nations will eventually have to know that Jehovah is the only true God. (Ezek. 38:23) The shaking mentioned in today’s text will mean everlasting destruction for those who, like Pharaoh, refuse to acknowledge Jehovah’s right to rule. w21.09 18-19 ¶17-18

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I have reread this multiple times yesterday and today (because I peek ahead). 'Yet once more' ...I'm confused. To me the shaking is a continual thing, trying to awaken and give opportunities for people to repent, turn around and seek avrelationship with Jehovah. But the words 'once again" now makes me think I missed something along the way. Was there certain climatic events (example 1918 for one) that it refers to? And I thought unrighteous people that died prior to Armageddon would receive the hope of the Resurrection.  I can't think straight.  I am running on a few broken hours of sleep since the recent unexpected death if my husband. Sorry if I did not make myself clear.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

16 minutes ago, LeslieDean said:

I am running on a few broken hours of sleep since the recent unexpected death if my husband. Sorry if I did not make myself clear.

I am so sorry to hear about your husband, I didn't know that he had died recently 😟

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I want to add my deepest sympathy.  When I first joined JWTalk, I enjoyed your posts about owning / operating a bar.

I'm shocked!  You guys were just retiring in Ecuador!   I tried to contact a couple of need-greaters I know down there but had no response.

As for your question, par. 18 goes into the expression "yet once more".  Par. 2 also says the shaking has been going on for decades. I think the "yet once more" is what has been going on for decades.  As you know, the source for the daily text is noted at the end of the comments.  In this case, w21.09  18-19

Are you back to Oklahoma?

Yes. My last communication with my husband was the night of July 4th. There had been a severe tornado in Oklahoma that left many thousands without electric for days. My husband was with electric which means no ac for 9 days. Temps were staying 112-115 degrees and cell towers were down. He would have to drive into town to get a somewhat decent signal but could only message on FB. The stores were closed and gas stations no gas.  So I did not hear from him the next day. Wasn't totally alarmed but grew so over the next few days. I was able to contact a friend of his on FB who drove to the house. The car was gone. Still no word from him. His friend went back a few days later and the car was there but no response.  There are some other things that are coming out but I can't talk about at this time. A welfare check was done by county sheriff and two hours later I received a phone call that he was dead. Sunday July 23 830pm was when he was found. No electric. Our 4 dogs shut down emotionally. Severe dehydration. Friend notified to cone pick up the dogs and get them out of house. Vet starred IV and antibiotics due to stress diarrhea. Their personalities are completely different now.  Terrified.  Can't be left alone. Sooo many horrible things have come out. Just can't talk. Please pray.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Sister Leslie,

I am so sorry for your loss!  We are so close.  Soon, very soon you will see your husband again.  Some of us will walk through the GT and others will go underground.

Jehovah knows your pain and the cost of it.  We sorrow with you together, as a united family. 

May Jehovah be with you.