JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Contents and Posts

New members are under moderation, which means their posts have to be approved. Once a member has participated for some time and we get to know them better, they are switched to full access, and their posts no longer need to be approved. I am sure you understand why this safety measure is necessary. :)

@carlos Thank you ☺️ However, I’ve seen some posts or contents that are very questionable 😐 Even from our brothers and sisters, and I’m like; how did that get passed the moderators, or it got approved 🤔 And then I’ve seen some contents or posts that are, wow, very very long. I’m sure it was all read👩🏽‍💻 But anyways, thanks for explaining. 🫶🏽

23 minutes ago, SKnight said:

However, I’ve seen some posts or contents that are very questionable 😐 Even from our brothers and sisters, and I’m like; how did that get passed the moderators, or it got approved 🤔

Scherryl, if you see something you think is inappropriate, you can report that post and several moderators will have a look at it. The same is valid if you receive a private message that is inappropriate or makes you uncomfortable, although that's quite rare. We all can contribute to keep this site clean and proper. :)

6 minutes ago, carlos said:

Scherryl, if you see something you think is inappropriate, you can report that post and several moderators will have a look at it. The same is valid if you receive a private message that is inappropriate or makes you uncomfortable, although that's quite rare. We all can contribute to keep this site clean and proper. :)

But wouldn’t that stand to reason, or fall back on the moderator’s critiquing the contents before it gets posted😒 I mean, certainly if it gets posted it would deemed you all found nothing warranting it offensive or controversial. 
But.., anyways.., I understand. It’s not that serious and it is a friendly forum after all. There’s no judging or discrimination or partiality here, just agape love for each other and the worldwide brotherhood of witnesses. Gotta get ready for field service now.., Enjoy the rest of your day!!!

7 minutes ago, SKnight said:

But wouldn’t that stand to reason, or fall back on the moderator’s critiquing the contents before it gets posted😒 I mean, certainly if it gets posted it would deemed you all found nothing warranting it offensive or controversial. 

As I mentioned before, members who have been participating for some time and have won our trust are no longer moderated. What they post doesn't need to be approved by a moderator. Yet even trusted members can have a silly day or be upset or have poor judgment at a given time and post something inappropriate. The moderators try to keep an eye on all discussions, but it's possible that some post escapes their attention. That's why we need the collaboration of all members to detect those posts.

On the other hand, we have members with different degrees of maturity and from many different cultures and backgrounds from all around the globe, so what one finds acceptable or funny someone else may find absolutely unacceptable. :)

Carlos has explained it well. Basically, when a newer member posts their post gets held in the moderation queue until a team member reads it and decides to approve it or not. After some time goes by and we feel we can trust the new member, that moderation restriction is removed. Then it becomes possible that this member can post content that none of the team members ever see for themselves. 

This is where basically every member can be a moderator, in a way. If you see something that concerns you, you are able to click "Report" on that content to alert the team about it. We will then look into it and decide what action we may need to take.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

18 minutes ago, carlos said:

As I mentioned before, members who have been participating for some time and have won our trust are no longer moderated. What they post doesn't need to be approved by a moderator. Yet even trusted members can have a silly day or be upset or have poor judgment at a given time and post something inappropriate. The moderators try to keep an eye on all discussions, but it's possible that some post escapes their attention. That's why we need the collaboration of all members to detect those posts.

On the other hand, we have members with different degrees of maturity and from many different cultures and backgrounds from all around the globe, so what one finds acceptable or funny someone else may find absolutely unacceptable. :)

That's so true.  I appreciate the fact that the moderators allow everyone to be themselves.  It's probably not easy to look at someone's post and if they don't agree with it (when there's no scriptural reason to disagree) to allow the voice to be heard. I have seen many post I don't agree with necessarily but it maybe just someone's personal opinion. And it maybe a strong opinion.  It really makes me appreciate the organization and our god because it/he allows for the diversity.

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

1 hour ago, SKnight said:

@carlos Thank you ☺️ However, I’ve seen some posts or contents that are very questionable 😐 Even from our brothers and sisters, and I’m like; how did that get passed the moderators, or it got approved 🤔 And then I’ve seen some contents or posts that are, wow, very very long. I’m sure it was all read👩🏽‍💻 But anyways, thanks for explaining. 🫶🏽

If you find something that you want to discuss privately, you can start a topic in the Confidential forum, only the Moderators and Community Assistants will have access to your topic.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D