JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

When could I stop wearing suits? I'm getting fat.

On 9/3/2023 at 8:10 AM, Dustparticle said:

I do not wear suits for health reasons. You have wear a suit jacket when giving talks or perhaps holding microphones too. Talk to your elders for any concerns, they would be glad to help.

Years ago I saw the dress clothes worn in the Philippines.  At a convention, I saw a brother wearing that type of clothing.  I asked him where he was from and he said Armenia.  I was not sure what to say after that.  He then told me his wife was from the Philippines.  

On 9/3/2023 at 4:27 PM, Doug said:

I wear Skechers.  Solid black.  I doubt anyone notices they're tennis shoes.

I was having a lot of trouble keeping my balance.  I started forcing myself to walk a lot.  A couple of days I walked over 10,000 steps.  I set my goal for 6,000 steps per day because I heard a news program that said that 6,000 steps per day was the amount needed at my age.  For several months I walked a minimum of 6,000 steps each day.  I had to choose shoes carefully.  One day I wore tennis shoes which were easy to walk in.  Unfortunately, they did not work as well on steps.  The tennis shoe caught on a step as I was stepping down.  I lost my balance, fell, and injured my knee badly. ( I was going to get a haircut to get ready for the Pioneer Service School coming up in July 2023)  The doctor said I should stay in bed and not put any weight on the knee unless I was going to the bathroom.  I went to an orthopedist due to my feet problems and he told me I should wear softer shoes with arch supports because I do have very high arches.  My wife bought me a pair of black sketchers and I might have to wear them to the Kingdom when I am able to go back.   I have gotten up to 6,000 steps per day 3 days this week, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  On Thursday and Friday, I only managed 4,000 steps.

I know the topic originally said suits.  But it seems that a lot of other clothing options have been included.