JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I'm beginning to think if singleness was meant to be Jehovah's blessing.

And I really mean this, not just as an escapism. 

In the NW, no one will be overly provoked and have his/her self-control in control 100 percent. The meaning of family will be slightly changed and we'll have a worldwide, global family all over the world. 

At the same time though, we'll be slightly more interested in people of the opposite sex (sorry if you're not) and getting to have such opposite-sex friends, in my case, has brought more delight for me. 

Of course, if NW will be where it'd be very difficult to have opposite-sex friends, or even associate with them, it'd be best to marry ASAP because that'd be the only chance of having great time with a male/female. In this scenario, I'd have to follow a different logic. 

But anyway, if Jehovah designed the world that way, that'd mean people will take time and won't hesitate to just leave if they think whom they're dating is even slightly less than 100% satisfactory. Maybe dating might even take 10, 20 years.

I don't know how you think but at least I think that loneliness won't be a factor at all when considering a marriage in the NW. 

In paradise we can find our perfect match, at least I imagine. We'll have enough time, and our defects will be behind us. Furthermore, I imagine that we'll all be much more mature when it comes to dating, dating is not necessarily getting married, so we can date, and after a few decades of dating, we can be frank and break up. Possibly, without so much, or without any hurt. Going after relationships today for a Christian is difficult, for example, we first have to be beyond the prime of youth, usually 20 years. We must already be looking for our way of supporting ourselves, but above all, be able to live outside our parents' house. This is on average 23, 24 years old. In addition to other things, if a brother starts looking for his wife at the age of 25, he has to be lucky to find someone "perfect" for him. At least from the brothers I saw, they always gave in a lot of what they wanted, mainly because we can't spend too much time looking. Normally the peak of beauty is at 29, and after that the person ages very quickly. But in paradise, we won't grow old, and our defects Jehovah will be able to help (many things that make us "ugly" are problems in our formation), so it's only a matter of time before you find yours.

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

Male and female friendships in western culture are normal. Unlike in many asian countries where in, same sex friendship is more common. Opposite friendship is more shunned. 

More often women feel forced to be married in this system. Theyre afraid to get old alone and not to bear children. 

Unlike guys , that they can marry even younger women as long as they have resources to provide for the family. 

To be honest, due to limited time. Its hard to know whether theres love in between the 2 persons. It could be the rush of hormones. 

Ive been observing brothers in the ministry or travelling to assembly and  when they showed interest, I thought to myself that I couldnt deal with his imperfections. I couldnt return his feelings. To have a good relationship, it does really take time to know yourself and each other. Sadly, we have short time in this system.

I have many activities in mind in the new world that could make me happy not just getting married.    I long to see the day when i can talk to Jehovah directly or see visions of heavens and angels.  

Because primarily, we dont primarily for someone else but we  originally belong to Jehovah. We live for Jehovah. Living for someone else is secondary. 

6 hours ago, JennyM said:

Male and female friendships in western culture are normal. Unlike in many asian countries where in, same sex friendship is more common. Opposite friendship is more shunned. 

More often women feel forced to be married in this system. Theyre afraid to get old alone and not to bear children. 

Unlike guys , that they can marry even younger women as long as they have resources to provide for the family. 

To be honest, due to limited time. Its hard to know whether theres love in between the 2 persons. It could be the rush of hormones. 

Ive been observing brothers in the ministry or travelling to assembly and  when they showed interest, I thought to myself that I couldnt deal with his imperfections. I couldnt return his feelings. To have a good relationship, it does really take time to know yourself and each other. Sadly, we have short time in this system.

I have many activities in mind in the new world that could make me happy not just getting married.    I long to see the day when i can talk to Jehovah directly or see visions of heavens and angels.  

Because primarily, we dont primarily for someone else but we  originally belong to Jehovah. We live for Jehovah. Living for someone else is secondary. 

I had no idea that Asian countries had this, I remember once I watched a romantic comedy anime and the episode was about how Asians don't make many friends with people of the opposite sex, I thought it was an exaggeration. Apparently, I was wrong. But now I'm curious, how complicated is it to have a friendship with the opposite sex there?

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

On 9/20/2023 at 6:16 AM, ChrisW said:

I'm curious to see what the family unit looks like in the New World. Especially after the earth has been filled to Jehovah's satisfaction. 

Me too.  

I'd like to know how much "pain" women will have giving birth.  haha.     

Know that Jehovah is God. He is the one who made us, and we belong to him.

Psalm 100:3

6 minutes ago, Hotteok said:

No pain no baby.

How much pain though?  

Because the pain that women have now in labor and giving birth is indescribable.  

Edited by Lori

Genesis:  3: 16 says "To the woman he said: “I will greatly increase the pain of your pregnancy; in pain you will give birth to children, and your longing will be for your husband, and he will dominate you.”      So I take this the pain won't be that bad in the NS.     Not like it is now.      Question answered.  Haha  I just had to do a little research and ask a sister.