JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Congregation Email

For those on a servant body, do any of your congregations have a Gmail or other email address specific to the congregation?

I was looking at getting a Google Not for profit account and Gmail for congregation purposes.  Things like internet accounts, banking, etc. Everyone seems to want a 'company' email.

Ideas?

TYIA

2 minutes ago, jwhess said:

We have a congregation email for publisher literature requests, the congregation secretary (for service reports) and one for zoom connections.  They are all free gmail accounts.

I just set up a new Google account. Trying to set something up that is not tied to a personal account so if the brother moves we won't have conversion trouble. The google account will give me the Gmail. Just wondered if there was a better way. ty

11 hours ago, dvdgarofalo said:

I just set up a new Google account. Trying to set something up that is not tied to a personal account so if the brother moves we won't have conversion trouble. The google account will give me the Gmail. Just wondered if there was a better way. ty

I agree with the above response. We created a 'new' Gmail account for similar type actions like above. The secretary and the COBE both have access to the email, and you can give access to a different brother if/when there is a need. Also, our PTC created a separate Gmail for his use with Public Talks. That login info can be transferred to a new brother if needed.

We have created a free Gmail account for our AV department many years ago. Originally it was setup for Skype as our KH tie in, and later we used it for brothers can send their pictures/outlines for their public talks, and we recently manage our congregation Zoom subscription through it.

We also had used under this Gmail accoumt the use of Google "Sheets" it to make schedules for carts and rosters which we linked other brother's emails who need to create/edit them but the main Gmail account is the administrator, which specific brothers have access to.

Now we are playing around with the calendar, mainly to set reminders for certain brothers and other local congregation events.

Edited by Pabo

I think it’s a good idea to have a separate email account that the congregation can use for everyday congregation business, that is not confidential in any way. Things like utility bills, governmental contact etc. can be directed to this account. It also helps if the secretary role is changed and another brother steps in, then the route of contact for those outside the congregation to the whoever is the secretary, remains the same.