JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Earth Can Heal Itself

When I read this story it made me think about the New World and how quickly this planet can and will heal from the ravages of mankind's mismanagement.

It took just 7 short years for it to happen on this island.

All praise to Jehovah for his incredible and amazing creation.

The incredible eco-restoration of one tiny Caribbean island - transformed from desolate rock to verdant wildlife haven in just a few years  - has captured the imagination of environmentalists worldwide.

....... the country has already met its "30x30" target, a global goal to protect 30% of the planet for nature by 2030.

Today, Redonda is bursting with biodiversity including dozens of threatened species, globally important seabird colonies, and endemic lizards.

Invasive black rats that preyed on reptiles and ate birds' eggs, along with goats introduced by early colonists that devastated Redonda's vegetation, had left the island looking like a barren moonscape.

An ambitious project launched in 2016 to relocate the goats and eradicate the rats saw the greenery spring back to life, bringing with it an exponential rise in native species.

Since the efforts began, 15 species of land birds have returned to the island, while numbers of endemic lizards like the critically endangered Redonda ground dragon have soared.

"Reaching our '30x30' target tells the rest of the world that this is possible.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-66922735

This could also make some use this as 'proof that humans can turn it all around'. Another jigsaw piece leading to 'peace and security'?

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I think those invasive black rats are part of of Jehovah’s amazing creation too. In the NW, all will live peacefully with one another including animals too. Within the first days of the pandemic a lot all things happen within the ego system was pretty good. I had a run in with a raccoon by walking the opposite directions. Usually he would attack me but his main focus was he had a good time with the trash can outside the hotel door.

7 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

I think those invasive black rats are part of of Jehovah’s amazing creation too. 

Definitely true. But unfortunately in this world where humans constantly encroach on animals' homes, chop down forests and keep building more and more houses, shopping centres etc., everything is so out of balance and the animals are often where they shouldn't be, eating things they shouldn't eat just to survive. In the New World when everything is the way Jehovah's création should be and everything is in balance, those invasive black rats will have their place and do whatever black rats were created to do. 😊

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.