JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Could Jehovah materialize?

I had this funny thought.

Jesus materialized. Can Jehovah too? 
Of course, not that Jehovah can’t.

But will he ever do? Why would he do that?

Is this the same as asking could Jehovah create a stone that He himself can’t break?

His nature doesn't allow him to do so. An example ? In James 1:13 Jehovah tells us that he CANNOT be tested by evil, it is against his nature, ultimately even if he wanted to he could not. I imagine that it is the same impossibility concerning its reduction to a matter. Well, I guess. We cannot be sure of anything in all these areas when it comes to Jehovah. We can only think and assume but we cannot affirm anything. @Jours  explained everything it seems to me. We couldn't be more logical and clear

16 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

His nature doesn't allow him to do so. An example ? In James 1:13 Jehovah tells us that he CANNOT be tested by evil, it is against his nature, ultimately even if he wanted to he could not. I imagine that it is the same impossibility concerning its reduction to a matter. Well, I guess. We cannot be sure of anything in all these areas when it comes to Jehovah. We can only think and assume but we cannot affirm anything. @Jours  explained everything it seems to me. We couldn't be more logical and clear

Well, "evil" is what is against Jehovah's will... Jehovah's will cannot be "not Jehovah's will", by definition :D 

This does remind me of a belief that Isaac Newton stated.  He believed in a heavenly government and that most of God's servants would live eternally on Earth.  He also conjectured that some of the associate kings and priests in the Kingdom might actually manifest a body as Jesus did after he was resurrected.  This would of course only be done to benefit the earthly servants of God.

Another thing I have thought about.  My daughter married late in life, about 40.  Her husband died when their son was about 1 year old.  Since he never got to see my grandson grow up, I wondered if Jehovah might give him a vision of his son, my grandson growing up.  This may be a little of-topic, but it is something I have wondered about.

40 minutes ago, Witness1970 said:

Another thing I have thought about.  My daughter married late in life, about 40.  Her husband died when their son was about 1 year old.  Since he never got to see my grandson grow up, I wondered if Jehovah might give him a vision of his son, my grandson growing up.  This may be a little of-topic, but it is something I have wondered about.

Such a beautiful thought @Witness1970 So sorry to hear about your son-inlaw. It’s similar to what happened to my niece husband., he was killed in a accident and never got the chance to see his two twin daughters grow up. But I shared with her the same thought you have. My reasoning with her is that: If Jehovah allowed Daniel to see events that happened wayyy into the future, during our time, surely he can cause your husband to see how the girls grew up as infants. The same line of reasoning with the apostle John. Jesus gave him a Revelation into events chronicling deep into the future., even events that took place in heaven, the ousting of Satan and his wicked demons. So yes 👏🏽 I want to believe you son-inlaw can see how his son grew up, and my niece’s husband can see how the twins grew up.