JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Will some people still be seen as exceptionally beautiful in the NW?

I vaguely remember asking this in the past.. if so, I'm really sorry. 😢

But this is a very casual question. 

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Okay, I don't believe it. If that were the case, why would there be celebrities who are being praised for how they look?

But I believe that no matter how you look, you can always look and appear attractive and be an awesome, spiritual person that almost everyone likes. 

But when it comes to the technical degree of beauty, there ARE differences. (my opinion) 

Anyway, even now among us in our organization, physical appearance is regarded as much less important, but then I don't think it's completely removed.

More beautiful people are still preferred.. (as long as they aren't weird spiritually)

Let me be more clear though.

Even if some people are viewed as exceptionally beautiful in the NW,

IF

IF they aren't treated differently, yes, I think it's okay to say that physical beauty would have zero significance in the NW. 

Edited by Hotteok

I think there will still be exceptionally beautiful people. However, the difference will be much, much smaller. Since everyone will look 25 years old, blemish free, have healthy weight, be smiling, be tattoo free, etc, most of us will look like models. Maybe not the kind of model for Victoria's Secrets, but definitely model worthy. Already as a whole, Witnesses look better than wordly people since we wear nice (not grungy) clothes, take care of our bodies, are spiritually healthy, and usually smile!

Some people may still be quite talented in music while others will be talented in math. Some may be able to sing better than others while others may have a talent for woodworking, metal working or even things like glass blowing. Some may possess strength greater than others while will be far better cooks.

Why would physical appearance be any different?

The real difference will be that, regardless of what makes a person "stand out", they will not be revered to the point of "worship" like is often done today with those who are "exceptionally beautiful".

Perhaps a better question may have to do with this portion of the OP ... 

4 hours ago, Hotteok said:

I vaguely remember asking this in the past.. if so, I'm really sorry. 😢

But this is a very casual question. 

If you have asked this before - why ask again? Why are you so concerned with physical appearance of people in the NS? If you ask a question over-and-over, it does not seem so casual. In the long term, and life everlasting will certainly be long-term, what difference does the way people look in comparison to others have to do with anything?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~