JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Have You Ever Just Felt Jehovah's Spirit?

I posted a topic about my issues dealing with my landlord in public housing a while ago.  To recap:  I asked for a reasonable accommodation back in July and the landlord has shown actions that are discriminatory, because of my disabilities.   I filed a discrimination complaint to Housing & Urban Development and with the Equal Rights Division after the landlord tried to stick my daughter and I into a handicapped apartment that hadn't been inspected prior to giving us the keys.  It was horrible.  (I posted pictures and I believe videos on another post here)    Because of my horrific background of mistreatment and abuse,  I've not been able to let all of this go.   I've been suffering mentally because of it.    It's almost like I was obsessive.   I've been going to the second handicapped apartment because it's being worked on.   I called the landlord and asked if that apartment was a possibility.   She told me that it wouldn't be available for a long time because it was being worked on.  But they didn't work on the apartment that they tried to stick me into.   The one that I was supposed to be transferred to has not be worked on at all.    I was severely depressed.  Crying.   Constantly thinking about it.   And about how unfair it was for them to do that to me.    My sleep was affected.   My spirituality was being affected because of my mental health. 

The ADRC (Aging & Disability Resource Center)  came to my home and they did an intake on me and if I'd qualify for services through them.   Let's just say that I had a panic attack during their visit because of issues that I have with needing a bathroom on both floors of an apartment.    It was pretty bad.    This was last Tuesday.   

Today,  it's been two weeks since they tried to transfer us into that unsanitary, inappropriate apartment.   While laying in bed to take a nap I had this overwhelming peace come over me.    I didn't feel obsessed about getting into another apartment.   I wasn't upset about it anymore, which I found surprising after two weeks of being obsessed over moving. 

Then 19 minutes after I sent a voice message over FB to my friend, @Anakalia I got a phone call from the ADRC.   She wanted to let me know that her assistant who had been with her that day could go to an errand for me that would completely change my life in the apartment that I am in now.    At least until I get into an apartment with a downstairs bathroom.   

Has anyone else ever had this calm come over them and just know that it was Jehovah that helped you? 

Know that Jehovah is God. He is the one who made us, and we belong to him.

Psalm 100:3