JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Crocheting

Katty

So, after my baby was born, and I was looking for something to do while breastfeeding, I got into crocheting. 
When I get pics on the computer, I'll share what I've done so far. I've done a dolly and a bunny rabbit. They're not great, but they kinda look like what they're supposed to be. I'm working on sunflower granny squares rn.
I thought learning would be a lot harder, but once you get the general principle of what makes up a crochet stitch, it's actually really easy. I tried to learn knitting, but I didn't like it. Having a needle without a hook, just doesn't make any sense to me, now. 
Anyone else here crochet?

So, until I start taking pics of what I've done so far, I wanted to share some materials that helped me, in case others might want to learn. Honestly, I thought it would be really hard, but it turns out in crocheting, you're building chains on top of chains, and you're always either:

1. wrapping a bit of yarn around the crochet hook, before poking the hook into the previous chain
2. or wrapping a bit of yarn around the crochet hook, after poking the hook into the previous chain, and then pulling it through the chain. 

This blog right here has a lot of the images that have helped me:

https://sarahmaker.com/how-to-crochet/

such as this one:

how-to-single-crochet-chain.jpg.webp

The above is a US half double stitch, UK double stitch. 
A single stitch is a lot simpler.