JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Is The Purpose of Life?

13 hours ago, Doug said:

Really enjoyed the narration.  Reminds me of 1Kings 19:12  " a calm, low voice".  

The purpose of life ~ To worship God and to benefit from his guidance.

Thanks,Its so beautifully summarised,

Another way I put it is:

The purpose of life is simply to enjoy living the life but in the way God approves.

To me everything Jehovah made seem to be so that we can enjoy living the gift of life.

inasmuch as Jehovah want us to worship him,sometimes I do wonder if our worship is the main concern of Jehovah for creating us,does our worship matter that much to him?

I feel that Jehovah created us simply out of his good pleasure and generousity so that we too can enjoy this beautiful thing called Life.

I think that's the main reason why Jehovah created us.

the need for us to worship him is simply a requirement to continue enjoying the life but not the main reason for his creating us.

Edited by Ishaya

On 12/26/2023 at 9:15 AM, Ishaya said:

inasmuch as Jehovah want us to worship him,sometimes I do wonder if our worship is the main concern of Jehovah for creating us,does our worship matter that much to him?

I feel that Jehovah created us simply out of his good pleasure and generousity so that we too can enjoy this beautiful thing called Life.

I think that's the main reason why Jehovah created us.

I like the expression "exclusive devotion".  Jehovah is THE ONLY.  The only living, real and true GOD.  The only one who hears and listens to prayers.

He is worthy and deserving of our exclusive devotion.  We owe everything to Jehovah and always will.

Because he IS love, he created us to love and be loved.  He created humans to share his love and receive our love.  Our worship, the exclusive devotion reserved for him alone, must bring him much joy and happiness.  :D

Edited by Doug

IF we know a restaurant that's insanely cheap yet insanely delicious... we recommend it to people who we love.. or even treat them dinner there.

The same way, Jehovah's love motivated him to create humans so we can taste the foods too... 

Worship is only a way of our saying thank you or doing things to show gratitude for someone who recommended the place. 

Life was meant to be simple but somehow got complicated due to rebellions. 

I can't imagine Jehovah intentionally making life more complex than it has to be.. he was like.. "enjoy guys!" 

And then is like "what is going on?"