JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Broke Congregation Sharing in NW Scheduler

We are merging in a couple weeks with another congregation, so I prepared a CSV file with the new publishers to import it into NW Scheduler using the headers shown in the Support page.

I made a backup, then imported the CSV file successfully. Then I noticed some names had typos and some info was missing, so I restored the backup, corrected the CSV file and imported it again. In the process it gave a very ugly error with lots of weird codes. OK, I restored the backup again. But then Congregation Sharing stopped working. Now when any of us opens NW Scheduler it asks us to identify, and then it says there is no one authorized with that email. It seems somehow I deleted all the brothers authorized for sharing including myself and the admin.

I contacted the developers and requested our Congregation Sharing to be reset. I hope they will answer quickly and that will fix the issue. The data is still there and we have several backups, so I am not too worried for that. What really concerns me is what did I do wrong that caused that. I am not the admin, so I don't have permission to add or delete brothers from Congregation Sharing. After the issue is solved I will have to import the list again. How can I prevent this issue from reappearing? Any ideas?

By the way, this is the error message I got while I was importing the CSV file, in case it helps:

System.InvalidOperationException: El subproceso que realiza la llamada no puede obtener acceso a este objeto porque el propietario es otro subproceso.
   en System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.VerifyAccess()
   en System.Windows.DependencyObject.GetValue(DependencyProperty dp)
   en Syncfusion.Windows.Tools.Controls.CheckListBox.get_IsCheckedMemberPath()
   en Syncfusion.Windows.Tools.Controls.CheckListBoxManager.IsCheckedMemberPath_PropertyChanged(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   en System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   en MicroMvvm.ObservableObject.OnPropertyChanged(PropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   en MicroMvvm.ObservableObject.RaisePropertyChanged(String propertyName)
   en JW_Scheduler.ViewModels.CongregationViewModels.ImportExportViewModel.ProcessImportPersonsFromCSV(String fileName) en C:\source\repos\JW Scheduler\JW Scheduler\ViewModels\CongregationViewModels\ImportExportViewModel.cs:línea 862
   en System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   en System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción ---
   en System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   en JW_Scheduler.ViewModels.CongregationViewModels.ImportExportViewModel.<ImportPersonsFromCSVExecute>d__150.MoveNext() en C:\source\repos\JW Scheduler\JW Scheduler\ViewModels\CongregationViewModels\ImportExportViewModel.cs:línea 817

Another brother got into a similar situation in another way. What he finally had to do was delete NWS on his computer, reinstall it, and then do "Open from Backup" function. That successfully restored his system and data to the previous state, and allowed him to have full access he had previously. Which once again points to need to make MANUAL backups, esp at each version update and before importing a lot of data.

Thanks, John. I hadn't thought of that possibility.

I have to say the developers replied quickly and disabled congregation sharing. Now our admin needs to enable it again and I hope all the issues will be gone. But I will keep your suggestion in case I break it again. :innocent: