JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What Would Life be Like Without the Internet?

First of all there would be no jwtalk.

what else?

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

what else?

No - Watchtower.org or jw.org. When they ban literature - like they have in Russian VERY difficult to get to people. The transference of literature so it can be translated in a timely matter and released along with the English - gone! Also, Bible translation into various languages - much more difficult.

Love the internet!!! :backflip:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

some would be unemployed:P

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

what else?

No - Watchtower.org or jw.org. When they ban literature - like they have in Russian VERY difficult to get to people. The transference of literature so it can be translated in a timely matter and released along with the English - gone! Also, Bible translation into various languages - much more difficult.

Love the internet!!! :backflip:

That's a good thought, Jerry about when they ban the literature. If we have the WOL in our electronic devices & by some chance we are able to keep them we would have the info at hand providing that we still have the internet. I think that it is a good idea for everyone that can to upload the WOL to their devices! :pray:

Its amazing who quickly the internet has taken over our lives. I began to use it in 1996.

When it was rubbish. But now i could not live without it.

I watch all my fav shows not on TV but on youtube, i download my music on itunes

instead of going to the record store. I but ebooks instead of proper books.

And now i am talking to cyber people instead of my next door neighbours.

I even have a cybet pet i look after.

Live would be HELL.

I would go insane and never know any of you!!!

Trust me, ask my wife, if I go without the internet for a day, I AM MEAN!!!!!!! LOL

Which is better? Alcohol withdrawal or internet withdrawal? o_O

In the absence of the Internet, life would still be fine and appreciated. Remember the days of Abraham, David, Paul and so many faithful ones. life was still accepted as it is today.

Yes, Jehovahs people have been making adjustments all along, and will continue to well into eternity.

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

I would have never Known you lovely Happy smiling friends.

I would be stuck In a child's brain. Til they are all grown up.

Not many pop into visit socially around were I live. even though have tried many times over.

The net is such a great tool if used correctly.

I have found cheaper parfums and my dad likes his vitamins and can get them cheaper from the U.S. and more quantity than here

in Aussie. The shipping for us is reasonable. I love how you can shop for groceries and they are delivered to your door. when the

kids are home sick or school holidays. one less chore there. Agape`

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

The biggest change I noticed after the Internet got into everyones life, is that people don't talk to each other or write personal letters. Recently at our anniversary party, everyone sat around with their noses in their electronic gadgets. That really upset me. :phone:I was really hoping that it would be like it used to be, but that is pie in he sky!! I understand how great it is for some things but I miss the personal interchange that we have lost and the young people don't even know what I'm talking about!!!(td)

The biggest change I noticed after the Internet got into everyones life, is that people don't talk to each other or write personal letters. Recently at our anniversary party, everyone sat around with their noses in their electronic gadgets. That really upset me. :phone:I was really hoping that it would be like it used to be, but that is pie in he sky!! I understand how great it is for some things but I miss the personal interchange that we have lost and the young people don't even know what I'm talking about!!!(td)

That is so true, Dorothy. Even in service, now they are using their gadgets instead of talking. I hate the game playing while you are talking to them, as though the game is more important than what you are talking about. The minute my sister gets in my car, on goes the game so she doesn't have to talk.:ok:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

That is so true, Dorothy. Even in service, now they are using their gadgets instead of talking. I hate the game playing while you are talking to them, as though the game is more important than what you are talking about. The minute my sister gets in my car, on goes the game so she doesn't have to talk.:ok:

I so totally agree! Sometimes I even purposely "forget" my phone so I don't have to deal with it. Twenty years ago we got along just fine without cell phones and the internet. Don't get me wrong - I use the internet and cell too, but really in moderation. We have our circuit overseer here this week, and last night he spoke about the fact that we as Jehovah's witnesses here in the States may face bans as in other countries. We have to prepare ourselves for that possible eventuality, and may want to think NOW about where we could hide some literature. The internet and cell towers could be taken "down," and we wouldn't have any means of getting on-line for current literature or printed literature. We might have only what we have now to keep us strong. Made all of us think last night! :praying:

Well, I'd have a whole bunch of extra free time that I'd have no idea what to do with.

Man, just imagine what I could do with all that wasted time! I could...uh...well, play more video games, for example.

...Yeah, I'm a bit of an addict. :bored: