JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sister...

I have suffered. 

Breathing exercises

Vitamin b tablets

Flower medicine

Ashwagandha ( 250 mg)

Poppy seeds( chewing just a little.. Only once)

Avoiding gastric foods 

Wiring poems or a story

Compulsorily reading and discussing Bible DT with a group

All helped me. 

Call me when ever you get this. At any time of the day/ night. I will be there for you sister. 

Love. Dilip

Sorry to hear. There could be varying reasons for panic attacks…depending on age, life phase, or other inherit reasons. But maybe this homeopathic list may help you with it. Also like brother Dilip mentioned, flower or Bach flower therapies are known to help.

Homeopathic treatment

Bach Flowers

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

I've never had one so I'm not entirely sure if this is helpful, but do you think you can do "tactical breathing" during an episode?

Inhale....1.....2.....3.....4

Hold.....1.....2.....3.....4

Exhale.....1....2....3.....4

Hold.....1....2....3.....4

Each step count for 4 seconds.  Repeat as much as needed, for at least 2-3 minutes.  It should offer immediate relief if you can bring yourself to do it.  I know it helps me when stress or anxiety is building up fast...

3 hours ago, cme said:

Does anyone get it? Lately?

Boy, I have. Its unpredictable. Just wake up in a sweat trying to catch my breath.  I run to the "daily text" and see whats in store. Pray, beg Jehovah for calmness.  Whats up with that?

There are some practical things you can do.

Look for the things that may be triggering stress. If the news is bothering you, stop watching the news at night. If topics on this forum or other social media is bothering you, take a break for a few days. Ensure you are staying properly hydrated, even a mild dehydration can cause unusual symptoms. Ensure you are getting enough rest and proper nutrition.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

They gave you great practical tips!
I add: remember that nothing happens. The body is not affected by a panic attack, you will not have a heart attack or other consequences, and you do not die from a panic attack.
It's something that comes, and then goes. Always remember this aspect while doing the breathing, so that the panic does not increase. 🤗🤗

To be like soft CLAY in the hands of Jehovah, but hard as a STONE when Satan wants to mold us

I used to have really bad panic attacks which meant for some time I couldn’t leave my home. Obviously it affected my meetings and ministry but my anxiety was so bad even thinking about going outside would send me into panic.

I found that not trying to fight against the panic attack helped. Just letting it pass. Deep breaths, reminding myself that it’s just a panic attack, I'm not having a heart attack or something serious and I’m safe also went a long way. 

There are also a lot of grounding techniques that I found helpful, sitting down was usually necessary cause sometimes my legs would turn to jelly and I’d fall over. 

I just want to reassure you too that while they can be scary and make you feel on edge, they won’t last forever. My panic attacks usually lasted a few minutes and then would be over. Sometimes worrying about having a panic attack would trigger a panic attack, and for a while I was stuck in that cycle. 

it’s been years since I last had a panic attack because I learned to manage them, it wasn’t always easy and sometimes I had to force myself out of my comfort zone. But now looking back I’m so glad I did, and now my life is completely different and I can even pioneer.