JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New Zealand Bethel up for Sale --- Beautiful Real Estate

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4247 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The New Zealand Bethel is up for sale as New Zealand's branch office role is being absorbed by the Australian Branch Office.

Interesting to read what they have to say about this unique property in NZ's national newspaper:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/property/news/article.cfm?c_id=8&objectid=10816501

One notable feature of the NZ Bethel is the Octagonal courtyard which is the hub for the whole complex which is what most visitors to the reception area first see when they arrive. (It's clearly visible in the aerial photograph in the above mentioned article). The last time I was there (earlier this year) I had popped in to collect some literature. I had my wife with me in the car and she was busting to go the toilet. When she came in she was so impressed with what she could see through the window, the lovely sister at reception invited her to wander through. I took a few snaps on my phone, which I'm glad I did now that Bethel's closed. As you can see they were doing a little maintenance on a foot bridge there. Unfortunately we weren't dressed as we should've been as we were not expecting this to happen. By the way, WELCOME to the forum Beth.

116343=6406-bethel1.jpg

116343=6407-bethel3.jpg

116343=6408-bethel2.jpg

Thanks Dave for the welcome - jeepers i logged in just before lunch and havent managed to log off ! !!!!!!

one of my afternoon studies cancelled on me (school holidays) - has been interesting checking out this forum

although very informative - i fear myself becoming a little distracted - will have to put some limits and boundries in place:)

thanks for popping up a few more pics :)

• 1 month later...

I thought I would post an update to this story.

It seems a buyer has been found for the NZ bethel property. Apparently it's a church group known as ELAM. From what I understand (and this is only second hand information) they intend to use it partly as a school, seeing as a recent law change in NZ allows for what they call "charter schools" which allows individuals or groups to set up schools that don't necessarily follow a state controlled curriculum.