JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Help Create Fictional Story With Your Next sentence

His heart filled with love for his capable wife who is already at work preparing the house for company, and so he started to think what he could do to express his appreciation for her industriousness.

He decided a large, wooden bowl for bread would be just the thing and headed to his shop where he mounted a 16" Cherry wood blank on his lathe and began the relaxing process of turning the bowl.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

As he worked on the bowl, his anxiety began to creep in, and he thought to himself, "Do I really have time to finish this today, when much work needs to be done in preparation for company?"

He was at this point in his thoughts, hands in the bowl, when his childhood friend, Fa was her name, called him and said: I didn't understand anything about your story of pasta, grandmother, spaceship, George, can - can you repeat please?

However, relying on his experience and talent, he pressed on with the bowl, knowing he could complete the task fairly quickly and efficiently. The result would be a much-needed serving dish for the amount of bread he anticipated needing for the meal.

Recognizing that his extreme talent for woodworking was causing him relax too much and to daydream about his childhood friend calling him out of the blue for some strange reason, he refocused on the task at hand so he could complete it in a timely manner before any real interruption would stop him.

Edited by computerwiz

31 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Reconnaissant que son talent extrême pour le travail du bois le faisait trop se détendre et rêver que son ami d'enfance l'appelle à l'improviste pour une raison étrange, il s'est recentré sur la tâche à accomplir afin de pouvoir la terminer dans les délais avant qu'une véritable interruption ne l'arrête.

Very clever

Her eyes lit up and her heart melted as she generously accepted the gift, but with just a little aggravation in the back of her mind as to why he thought now was a good time to do that instead of helping her prepare, especially when they have perfectly good bowls that could have been used.  :whistling:

Edited by computerwiz

added just a little more at the end

I would appreciate it If you would clean the whole house and do it quickly since time is short and the place is a disaster with stuff everywhere.

Of course, since his wife was a bit of a perfectionist, her idea of cleaning the whole house amounted to closing a closet door and straitening the welcome mat at the front door so, after taking care of these two things, his wife kissed him tenderly for being such a good and helpful husband.

Edited by Qapla

Suddenly, George snapped awake and realized he had been dreaming again because he isn't even married although he keeps dreaming that he has a wife and company visiting.

Posted (edited)

The reality sets in when he discovers he is still serving a jail sentence for his faith in the truth with his left over jail pasta meal setting in the corner. 

Edited by Piano Man

George opened his eyes and said, "I need to take my medications, I've gone from visioning my grandma to being married, to flying in an aircraft and now being in jail.

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

"Uncle John, what are you doing here?" asked George as he noticed the prison warder standing with a large key in his hand, ready to release George from his cell.