JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Help Create Fictional Story With Your Next sentence

Whatever was in the flask was rather strange tasting, like a worse version of Red Bull, yet he continued to drink it for some reason, and then it seems the world around him began to change....

It seemed to be getting larger as he shrunk about 2 feet, recognizing right away that he was younger too, but as he realized that was so, he had no memory of being an adult.

George came to the realization that everything had not been a dream because, upon leaving his cell, he discovered that he was, indeed, in a starship zooming between the stars.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

As he rubs his head, he feels holes that could indicate his alien captors were experimenting with his brain, thus explaining all these weird dreams and memories he had been going through.

The jar held Vlasic Dill Pickles and the voice said, "We want you to tell us why these boast they are crunchy when they are not."

He cleared his throat, feeling a mix of curiosity and bewilderment, and decided to respond, “Well, the crunchiness of pickles usually depends on the freshness and the brining process, but I’m surprised you even know about our pickles.”

The person across the table leaned in, eyebrows raised in concern. “No need to apologize,” they said with a reassuring smile. “It happens to the best of us. Let’s focus on the recipe instead. Do you have any other pickles we can use?”

George opened his eyes to find that he was in a hospital bed and, when he asked the person taking his vital signs why he was there, was told he had been hit by a car while walking home from the used bookstore three years before and had been in a coma ever since.

"But, where the books I bought at the used bookstore," we wondered.

“Yes, like how my family has coped, what happened to my job, if my friends have moved on, whether the world outside has changed dramatically in my absence, how my favorite sports team has been doing, what technological advancements I’ve missed, and most importantly, how I will adjust to a reality that feels both familiar and alien after waking up from such a long and unexpected slumber,” George said, his voice filled with a mixture of anxiety, curiosity, and hope.

"Well your family has not given up on you, in fact they check in monthly, so let me go give them a call and I'm sure not only will they be ecstatic that you are awake, but will be more than happy to answer all your questions!" said the nurse, with the biggest smile on her face.