JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Michigan woman dresses up corpse, watches NASCAR with it

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4274 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Can you say "redneck"?

JACKSON, Mich. – A woman said she kept the dead body of her companion in a chair in their southern Michigan house because she didn't want to be alone.

Linda Chase, 72, said she kept the remains of Charles Zigler clean and dressed and talked to the body while watching NASCAR on television.

"It's not that I'm heartless. ... I didn't want to be alone. He was the only guy who was ever nice to me," Chase told the Jackson Citizen Patriot.

Jackson police discovered Zigler's body in a living room chair last week. Authorities believe he died of natural causes at age 67 in December 2010, although Chase said it was last December. She said there wasn't a bad smell.

She has not been arrested but is being investigated for financial fraud. Chase admits cashing Zigler's benefit checks after his death.

"I'm probably going to prison," she told the newspaper. "I told them the truth. I didn't lie about that."

Authorities said the investigation will take time.

"It's a bizarre case. There's no other way of describing it," said Mark Blumer, Jackson County's chief assistant prosecutor.

Wally Zigler, 48, said his father worked in a machine shop and received Social Security, pension checks and veteran benefits. He said he tried to see his dad, but Chase wouldn't let him in the house.

"That wasn't right to leave him lay like that," Zigler said

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/11/michigan-woman-dresses-up-corpse-watches-nascar-with-it/

Can you say "redneck"?

JACKSON, Mich. – A woman said she kept the dead body of her companion in a chair in their southern Michigan house because she didn't want to be alone.

Linda Chase, 72, said she kept the remains of Charles Zigler clean and dressed and talked to the body while watching NASCAR on television.

"It's not that I'm heartless. ... I didn't want to be alone. He was the only guy who was ever nice to me," Chase told the Jackson Citizen Patriot.

Jackson police discovered Zigler's body in a living room chair last week. Authorities believe he died of natural causes at age 67 in December 2010, although Chase said it was last December. She said there wasn't a bad smell.

She has not been arrested but is being investigated for financial fraud. Chase admits cashing Zigler's benefit checks after his death.

"I'm probably going to prison," she told the newspaper. "I told them the truth. I didn't lie about that."

Authorities said the investigation will take time.

"It's a bizarre case. There's no other way of describing it," said Mark Blumer, Jackson County's chief assistant prosecutor.

Wally Zigler, 48, said his father worked in a machine shop and received Social Security, pension checks and veteran benefits. He said he tried to see his dad, but Chase wouldn't let him in the house.

"That wasn't right to leave him lay like that," Zigler said

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/11/michigan-woman-dresses-up-corpse-watches-nascar-with-it/

This world has many strange people. Should we really call them People?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I swear I moved this to the news forum once already.

The headline is kinda funny. I heard a story of a hoarder who had all kinds of rotting cat carcasses over the years in her house that she never got rid of. This made me think of that.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

This is interesting because I thought that I had heard the strangest. :eek:Just a couple of days ago I was told by a woman's sister that when the sister's husband died she had him cremated & takes his ashes everywhere with her, even to a wedding. She says that the reason is that he would never go anywhere with her when he was alive but he's going now! :scooter::boating:You would never expect her to do something like this as she is mentally sane, well I assume so!:unsure: