JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Illawarra Escarpment

Hi All just wanted to let you see what an escarpment looks like, some might say valleys or mountains, we are surrounded by the hills, and the sea.

Hope you enjoy...http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6sYA7Iz1xgw/SmhtZ9X6xbI/AAAAAAAAMQ0/q3zySK5nEeE/s400/View+south+from+Stanwell+Tops.jpg

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

http://www.tourismwollongong.com/media/images/662/605.jpg

This picture captures pretty much my region...You can take a drive north to the National park and see beautiful rainforests

lyrebirds and kangaroos are also seen as well as dear..When I was growing up there was a dear farm. That some one owned

In the Royal National park..They have long gone, But the dear run wild now.& free.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

What an absolutely beautiful place to live. I think living in sight of the ocean would be so refreshing and healing to the soul. I hope to live near the ocean in the new system. How is the weather there now? Is there a drastic change in climate throughout the year?

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

What an absolutely beautiful place to live. I think living in sight of the ocean would be so refreshing and healing to the soul. I hope to live near the ocean in the new system. How is the weather there now? Is there a drastic change in climate throughout the year?

Today the sun is shining..The nights because we are heading into winter is getting very cold.To the back of where I live we are near the Southern highlands

and it get's icy..Its hard to get washing dry. we lived closer to the escarpment last year and the sun disappears at 3pm on wards an so we have lights on

earlier. Today I have a t-shirt but most days are ok..We get a lot of rain. Sometimes it feels like 40 days & 40 nights..Our summers when they come around

vary from a lot of rain. Flash flooding. or almost major hot..But that's great for the beach.We have to wait sometimes till after 3pm which is suppose

to be the safe zone from the Uv-rays..

What is your weather like Brenda?

Beautiful place! Interesting road they built too.

The road use to sit along the edge of the cliff..But over the years the rocks and landslides were affecting the area. So they decided to build this

bridge it took like about 6yrs to make.There is also a walkway & people who are "suppose to be in love forever" leave a padlock and chain with

their thoughts and so all the way along you see this bling shining in the sun.

Today the sun is shining..The nights because we are heading into winter is getting very cold.To the back of where I live we are near the Southern highlands

and it get's icy..Its hard to get washing dry. we lived closer to the escarpment last year and the sun disappears at 3pm on wards an so we have lights on

earlier. Today I have a t-shirt but most days are ok..We get a lot of rain. Sometimes it feels like 40 days & 40 nights..Our summers when they come around

vary from a lot of rain. Flash flooding. or almost major hot..But that's great for the beach.We have to wait sometimes till after 3pm which is suppose

to be the safe zone from the Uv-rays..

What is your weather like Brenda?

Hot and humid. Mostly around the 90's with afternoon thunderstorms. A couple of week ago we had a heat wave. It got to 107 degrees with a heat index of 117 degrees. Have to work in early morning gas stations on those days...and then go home and hug my air conditioner.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

• 1 month later...

2 more days to spring for us, Here in Aussie. Its almost time to hit the water again.

How do you guys like to enjoy yourselves at beach?

• 2 months later...

Thank you for your lovely photos. I'm new to the forum. I used to live in Wollongong with my first husband, and caught the train to Sydney for many years for work. I have a photo of myself at Stanwell Tops before the bridge was built. I was just recently in Shellharbour visiting friends. Love the Illawarra.

I now live on the Central Coast of NSW, originally from the Northern Beaches. It's great to be here. Kinda like an "online congregation" of sorts.

Nice too meet you Myree. Welcome to the the forum. What a small world in the truth.

I am in Bulli Cong. Now. I live now 5mins drive to Wollongong. What was your last name?