JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Help my friends win this trip

Is it okay to post this link? If not, so sorry and please forgive me....

This couple are loyal servants of Jehovah. I was at their wedding, they were at mine, ........ When I was young and pioneering, their encouragement, support and friendship was invaluable to me. Now I have just learned of their heartbreaking news and I hope that they do win this trip. I love this couple and their whole family!

Would you help them win by voting for their entry?

Thanks!

http://www.hiltonheadrentals.com/vacations/view-my-vacation.asp?uid=304

You are kind hearted to share this with others....Personally i dont think winning a holiday is the most important thing for them ..

I think there are many things we can do together to enjoy each other from our own home....It is good that this sister volunteers

herself for the holiday organiser place but the volunteering of ourselves in the life giving work is more important,,,,I truely do

sympathize with her husband having an uncurable disease...and that his work has suffered but i also find many brothers and sisters

out there that struggle each day for the basic things in life....Putting Jehovah first in our lives is the most important....

Thank you for being concerned and wanting to help them....Praying for them and maybe contacting there congregation to help them

with support would be good ....Hope I havent been tro blunt in my reply :)

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)

They are and always have been very involved in the most important work of all. She is very much a hospitable, giving, loving sister content with a simple life serving her God, Jehovah and a loving mother and wife with a personality always looking out for others. I am sure they are and will receive much support from their congragation. We live hours apart now so my ability to help them in practical ways is limited but I hoped that maybe having a trip to look forward to would brighten their day.

I am certainly surprised at such a comment as above. Especially without knowing anything about their motives and faithfulness. They certainly would find such an assumption about what they should or shouldn't be doing spiritually commented on by strangers, discouraging and disturbing as I have. 

I would never have posted this if I knew it would cause comments on them as such.

I thought I'd remembered a similar contest / photo win a trip request awhle back that I happily helped vote on. No one commented negatively then on the person's spiritual outlook, motives or need for such then. I am shocked that any comment was necesary. If you didn't / don't want to help, no need to post at all in my opinion.

Yes, we all know the most important things are not trips and material things. Nothing can replace our health and life.

I'm very sorry about your friend Beth.I was out to lunch with a group of sisters one day and a pioneer sister said she wasn't feeling well,she didn't know what was wrong.Two months later she found out she had ALS and she died not long afterward.It is a horrible disease.I hope your friends win the contest.:flowers:

Thanks, Nancy.

Yes it is a horrible disease.

My friends watched firsthand when a brother (one of my friends' father and a dearly loved elder in our city at the time) suffered and died from it. I can not imagine their grief and struggle knowing he will practically be a prisioner in his own body and suffocate to death when his muscles to breathe shut down.

In the midst of my own miserable life at the moment, struggling to get the basics and other trials and tribulations, I was finding joy in doing something nice for them since I love them both so much and yet live so far away.

I realized after I posted that the contest is thru facebook. I do have a generic facebook for such things as contests, etc but realize many aren't on facebook so can't vote.

Thanks for your thoughts and understanding words, Nancy.

I think it is a great idea! They sound like they could use a good "distraction" from their troubles, even a temporary one! I voted!

Don't be discouraged by one negative comment. Some people take every opportunity to preach and sometimes, that's not what it's about.

They have 501 votes as of now! Yeah!

I used to be able to see the number of votes for each entry but that is not showing up now on my computer. Did they change things or is it just my computer doing something weird? How do you see what position they are in?

EDIT: I see now it is on the leaderboard. And they need more than 500 MORE votes as the leader has over 1020 votes!

Thanks for the help in voting for all who have! :ecstatic:

I thought I'd remembered a similar contest / photo win a trip request awhle back that I happily helped vote on.

I remember that. It was voting on some brothers photograph he had submitted to a contest, with the winner getting some perks but I cannot remember what.

It's all good for me. Happy to cast my vote.

Hey.... I could use a vacation too :P

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

They are at 581 as of now... leader is at 1029.... 2nd place still the same at 714

So my friends have added another 31 votes while the leader has added another 4.

Gap is closing...448 needed to catch up to the leader, 134 to get to 2nd place

Thanks to all who have helped by voting, sharing the link, etc! Every vote counts.......

http://www.hiltonheadrentals.com/vacations/view-my-vacation.asp?uid=304

Dear sister Beth i am sorry if my comment ment anything upsetting...i do feel for the sister and brother in question.

so please if my comment may have sounded not nice i truely didnt mean for that ..i hope all goes well for them :encourage:

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)

I am just going thru so much personally that I am drained and emotional...I feel beaten up by everything, even a light wind seems to hurt me at the moment....

thanks for your comments and thoughts for them.