JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Camping Food

That sounds awesome Nancy. When we go camping. Ilike to keep it simple as can be.

I bought a jaffel double. For making cheese melts on the gas.

Also i have a grill plate & just cook sausages & onions & put it on

bread with tomato sauce & sundried tomatoes.

I like to take a small bag of prewashed salad.

Kids love tin spagetti or bake beans. So i put them on bread & toast in

The jaffel.

We have found taking some tin foods makes life simple. Also I pack instant noodles like mi goreng

While the noodles are cooking add some canned prawns & capsicum. I also do

A similar way with the rice & tin mushrooms into one pot & some pre roasted jars of

Capsicums.

Kids always ask for pancakes & the syrup. So always make them up.

Have fun. Are you rough camping or in a park?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Oh I don't know what you do camping. But We go with our friends & Oh my they know how to camp in style. But you have to everything including your own portable.LOl

Many have it set up like the Taj Mahal. Some go to the effort of cooking a lamb roast. We also go with my Uncle he is from Yugoslave & he makes his own sausages & he has an Italian buddie.

& they both insist on Cooking.Lol. We catch fish. & they do it in bread crumbs & make the fries & I feel like I've gone to a restarant. One time they made Calzones & also cook up Pasta.

Bacon & Eggs. Now you make me feel like Camping.:)-D

We get this Tv Show All 4 Adventure, its mostly about fishing. In the Outback etc. But these guys also come up with camping Ideas on cooking. I post one of them.He makes cheesecakes & alsorts of goodies.

there are a few more if you google this show. XOX.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

We are going camping for 5 days at the end of October.....what sort of food do you take camping....anything interesting besides beans and wienies?

We go camping with friends from the KH several times a year. We keep it simple though. With 5-7 families, tons of kids, it's easiest for the wives to just go with burgers and brats. We usually make a big breakfast in the morning for every one. We will have eggs, pancakes, and we make chorizo sausage and bring some tortillas for breakfast burrito's. Lunch, we just make sandwiches. Usually the breakfast is very filling, so lunch is light. Dinner we do burgers, chicken, brats, hot dogs.

One of the sister's though does something good for breakfast.

The day before the trip, she bakes some potatoes, and then when they cool, she dices them up and puts them in a container. She also dices up green peppers, onions and other stuff and when she makes her eggs in the morning, she throws some of the potatoes and other stuff in and she scrambles them up with the eggs. Kind of like an omelet without having to flip it. The reason she bakes the potatoes before the trip is because raw potatoes would take forever to cook over the camp fire, so this way, they are already cooked and they just need to be heated.

We are going camping for 5 days at the end of October.....what sort of food do you take camping....anything interesting besides beans and wienies?

We go camping with friends from the KH several times a year. We keep it simple though. With 5-7 families, tons of kids, it's easiest for the wives to just go with burgers and brats. We usually make a big breakfast in the morning for every one. We will have eggs, pancakes, and we make chorizo sausage and bring some tortillas for breakfast burrito's. Lunch, we just make sandwiches. Usually the breakfast is very filling, so lunch is light. Dinner we do burgers, chicken, brats, hot dogs.

One of the sister's though does something good for breakfast.

The day before the trip, she bakes some potatoes, and then when they cool, she dices them up and puts them in a container. She also dices up green peppers, onions and other stuff and when she makes her eggs in the morning, she throws some of the potatoes and other stuff in and she scrambles them up with the eggs. Kind of like an omelet without having to flip it. The reason she bakes the potatoes before the trip is because raw potatoes would take forever to cook over the camp fire, so this way, they are already cooked and they just need to be heated.

yummm!!!! where I come from we call that hobo hash. sometimes I eat it for bfast and again for dinner. I love to make a big pot of red beans with onions garlic tomato sauce and brown sugar they taste so good when they are cooked over a open fire.( I know its a lot of work but cooking out doors is a fun for me) strange huh, go figure?? :shrugs:

• 2 weeks later...

something I like to do for dinner,lay out some foil cut up potatoes bite size put on foil,add some green pepper onion salt and pepper some butter cover with Italin dressing rap it good usually 2 layers and set in the coals and keep turning yum yum.petty much anything you can cook at home yu can cook camping.now that Im divorced i take trips on my bike,not much room to carry stuff.a fire and a clean flat rock and I can cook anything have fun and enjoy

Oh I don't know what you do camping. But We go with our friends & Oh my they know how to camp in style. But you have to everything including your own portable.LOl

Many have it set up like the Taj Mahal. Some go to the effort of cooking a lamb roast. We also go with my Uncle he is from Yugoslave & he makes his own sausages & he has an Italian buddie.

& they both insist on Cooking.Lol. We catch fish. & they do it in bread crumbs & make the fries & I feel like I've gone to a restarant. One time they made Calzones & also cook up Pasta.

Bacon & Eggs. Now you make me feel like Camping.:)-D

We get this Tv Show All 4 Adventure, its mostly about fishing. In the Outback etc. But these guys also come up with camping Ideas on cooking. I post one of them.He makes cheesecakes & alsorts of goodies.

there are a few more if you google this show. XOX.

that looked good i've seen and bought barramudi only one time here. I'm starting to feel like camping too the homemade sausages ! I'M IN!! thats my kind of camping ( i think i might try and stoeaway)

We go camping every year because it's a cheap holiday, but also very enjoyable (when the weather's nice!) My mum does the cooking and does anything from stew to roast to sausage surprise! As there are 6 of us to feed it can be quite awkward to feed this many mouths but somehow she manages it! We do more "glamping" than proper camping and have a couple of BBQs and a Cobb. We also have bit of camping furniture to help with dishing up the food etc.

Type in Cobb into images and this gives you an idea of how much the Cobb can cook! :)

How some of this infomation helps, if not, oh well! :shrugs:

A good tip that we do is if you want to have pancakes for breakfast, make the pankcake mix before the trip and pour in an empty container, like a milk carton or something. That way the mix is ready and you just pour it on the pan. Saves time doing it this way.

A good tip that we do is if you want to have pancakes for breakfast, make the pankcake mix before the trip and pour in an empty container, like a milk carton or something. That way the mix is ready and you just pour it on the pan. Saves time doing it this way.

That's a good idea...I am precooking the sausage and spaghetti noodles...and making no bake cookies.

We go camping every year because it's a cheap holiday, but also very enjoyable (when the weather's nice!) My mum does the cooking and does anything from stew to roast to sausage surprise! As there are 6 of us to feed it can be quite awkward to feed this many mouths but somehow she manages it! We do more "glamping" than proper camping and have a couple of BBQs and a Cobb. We also have bit of camping furniture to help with dishing up the food etc.

Type in Cobb into images and this gives you an idea of how much the Cobb can cook! :)

Great thanks,yeah I looked at a Cobb,looks good.

I tried looking up cobb and got all kinds of results but I don't think its the cobb ur talking about. what is it?

Well I got the menu from the rest of the girls......Sausage&Peppers on a bun, Johnny Marzetti, Rabbit Stew(with real rabbit),Chili and Hot Dogs.....that's the supper menu....breakfast & lunch each campsite does our own food. But there's 30 for dinner.....I am very excited....we do the WT on Sunday....and just so happens one of our WT conductors is camping with us....I was trying to think of some really gross sounding foods for the kids like dirt cookies with (gummy) worms in them....or rice crispy treats with something weird like broccoli....there will be a lot of kids there.

Try this link ---> cobb4.jpgn It's a variety of different things that the Cobb cooks and does :)

We had once apon a time, it is good you buy the heat beads to go in it and light maybe 4 or 5

and then put whatever in it a roast and it cooks slowly over a few hours they are really good but

havent got it any more

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)

Well I got the menu from the rest of the girls......Sausage&Peppers on a bun, Johnny Marzetti, Rabbit Stew(with real rabbit),Chili and Hot Dogs.....that's the supper menu....breakfast & lunch each campsite does our own food. But there's 30 for dinner.....I am very excited....we do the WT on Sunday....and just so happens one of our WT conductors is camping with us....I was trying to think of some really gross sounding foods for the kids like dirt cookies with (gummy) worms in them....or rice crispy treats with something weird like broccoli....there will be a lot of kids there.

We always do the WT as well when we camp with the friends from the hall. We put our camping chairs in a big circle, and one brother will conduct. It's a blast.

Smores are popular with the kids when we camp.