JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Newly Remodeled KH

I am still trying to catch my breath as we just finished the 2 1/2 week remodel of our Kingdom Hall. The first week the RBC trailers moved in and my first job for the 2 1/2 weeks began, that of Night Security. Not so bad 4 hr shifts. The first week-end the seats and carpet was removed and my second job of re-upholstering the seats began. That was a 6 day a week 10 hrs a day job until we finished two days before they were installed. A brother made an upholstery press that saved the day and we turned out relatively nice work. The RBC liked it so much that they volunteered us to help out with two other KH's in the upcoming year. Just what I wanted to hear. :) It was said that we saved enough money to build 4 KH in Africa, by redoing our seats ourselves. Either that is an exaggeration or they build the Halls very inexpensively in Africa. At any rate the 16 penny nails driven up from the underside should keep certain one from falling asleep. Just kidding. :lol1:

Out with the mauve and purple - in with the tans, browns and reds. Not my choice of colors.

* Click on thumbnail for bigger picture.*

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Beautiful!!!! and night shift work is tough no matter how long the shift.

Happy, happy, happy building for Jehovah.

"...4 KH in Africa..." the nails reminded me of the brother in Africa that straightened bent nails."

brother who straightened nails: g92 5/22 31

Looks cool! Around here security shifts are 6 hrs.

Is that the literature counter by the stage?

Yes, the books on the right and Mags on the left. The bulletin board in the entry vestibule.

Yes, the books on the right and Mags on the left. The bulletin board in the entry vestibule.

Wow, interesting. Every Hall in my area has the literature desks in the lobby/vestibule, or at least, in the back of the auditorium if space is limited. I guess at your Hall you don't have any brothers finishing something behind the counter while the meeting is going on!

How common is that setup in your area?

Wow, interesting. Every Hall in my area has the literature desks in the lobby/vestibule, or at least, in the back of the auditorium if space is limited. I guess at your Hall you don't have any brothers finishing something behind the counter while the meeting is going on!

How common is that setup in your area?

I don't know the exact number of choices the RBC gives but this is the only one like it I have seen. Build in '96. A Congregation 8 miles away has the same basic floor plan with the literature counter in the back of the hall between the two schools.

I have also never seen seats like that either.

Me neither as best as I can remember. They should call them 'church pews 2.0 - now with armrests and upholstery!'

Our assembly hall has very similar seats. At our Hall there are rows of the benches with no arm rest to accomadate, shall we say, the full sized brothers and sisters. I have never seen so many people in one area that have had gastric bypasses or in dire need of one.

I have also never seen seats like that either.

Me neither as best as I can remember. They should call them 'church pews 2.0 - now with armrests and upholstery!'

Our assembly hall has very similar seats. At our Hall there are rows of the benches with no arm rest to accomadate, shall we say, the full sized brothers and sisters. I have never seen so many people in one area that have had gastric bypasses or in dire need of one.

A lot of the newer remodels/builds in my area have the last couple of rows with no armrests likewise. I think it is for children who may tend to sprawl out or whatever.

Very nice!!!

I too have never seen the literature counters in the main auditorium. I have also never seen seats like that either.

You guys did a great job!! Do you have any before pics?

I have misplaced some BEFORE pics I had but I took these pics right after we removed the seats. The seats were a muave or purplish tweed. We used premium foam this time so I didn't need the 16p nails after all. I will try to post some pics of the re-upholstering process when they become available.

Old_color_scheme_1.jpg

Old_color_scheme_2.jpg

Old_color_scheme_3.jpg

This last pic of the vestibule is now the location of the buletin board. There is no longer any wallpaper in any room of the Hall.

Our coat closet was removed and now we just have a pedistal hat rack for a coat closet.

Many years ago in Colo. we had 2 KHs with the book counter and mag counter on either side of the stage. It was like that for years and the ones that took care of the books and mags hated it because they were stuck way up in front and didn't get to fellowship with the congregation. They felt stuck in the corner away from everybody. Later they remodeled the hall and put them in the back and everybody liked it much better. We have travelled around a lot and visited many KHs and seen all kinds of configurations of the floor plan - some good, some not so good.