JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My (Step) Great-Grandmother and the Truth

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4193 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hello, My Great- Grandmother (i put "Step" in brackets because she is the only great-grandma i've really only ever known), anyway, as far as i know she has always been that bit interested with Jehovah's Witnesses (my Nana- her step-daughter- is a JW). My Nana gives her the magazines monthly but i don't think my great- Grandma has ever been to he meetings because her husband won't agree (or that's the feel i get when she talks about it). A comment she put on Facebook today made me think if there's a way we can do more for her than just give her the magazines.

132125=7379-Me and June- conversation.pn Also she made another few comments pictures i took while at the Assembly this year.

132125=7380-Me, Mum and June- conversati If anyone can think of any ways to help encourage her, i would be really grateful!! :flowers::givehug:

hi hannah

how sweet that you are finding ways to try to help her,you may instead of just giving her the magazines ,talk about certain articles ,you know we have gotten a wonderfull study aid at our last assembly one of the brochures you may try to draw her into one of the topics and ask her what she thinks,draw her out

as i understand she is affraid of what your grandpa thiunks maybe you can take her shopping or to a park or anywhere you can be allone with her ,or let her come to your house alone show her the dvd about the families fleeing to from Jerusalem show her and explain that you love her very much and you would like for her to watch this,draw her out after that ask her what she'd think,look also inthe reasoning book you can find ways also in the library ,surely you will find ways to encourage her and do not forget ask Jehovah,He will surely help you,I am a little older than you and have seen His hand in many ways

i wish you success and Jehovah's blessing keep it up dear Jehovah is very proud of you

Your sister In Holland Anita:bible:

Hello,

My Great- Grandmother (i put "Step" in brackets because she is the only great-grandma i've really only ever known), anyway, as far as i know she has always been that bit interested with Jehovah's Witnesses (my Nana- her step-daughter- is a JW). My Nana gives her the magazines monthly but i don't think my great- Grandma has ever been to he meetings because her husband won't agree (or that's the feel i get when she talks about it).

A comment she put on Facebook today made me think if there's a way we can do more for her than just give her the magazines.

If anyone can think of any ways to help encourage her, i would be really grateful!! :flowers::givehug:

Keep sowing seeds of truth and if Jehovah is drawing her, he will make it grow.

My great-grandpa was a protestant preacher and my great-grandma was drawn to Jehovah many years before he was. She kept planting seeds and some took root. He began hosing the fires of hell in one church after another as he would get fired from one and accept a position in another. Finally he was invited by the minister of a Methodist church to help clean up a situation of wife swapping but it was not fixable so he, the minister and his wife fled to Jehovah. He was finally baptized with grand-father 12 years after great-grandmother in 1914.

Keep sowing seeds of truth.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25