JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Oil Production in US

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4187 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

For all the back and forth at the Presidential debates about oil - I thought there was little oil development happening in the US. WOW! was I wrong. Recently I had this sent to me - http://www.bullfax.com/?q=node-number-us-oil-rigs-has-increased-7x-3-years-bringing-us

132322=7388-oil1.jpg

132322=7389-oil2.jpg So, this country is poised to JUMP out of the slump it is in. After this election - regardless of who becomes president - the economy in the US will zoom back and with it the rest of the world. (IMO). Everything is in place in the next few years for that cry of peace and SECURITY. Let's make sure it doesn't distract us when it happens. So many have lost so much - it would be easy to try and get back what was lost - to the distraction of the really important thing we never lost - our relationship with Jehovah and our counting on the Kingdom to be the real solution.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

That's really interesting Jerry. I have often wondered about the SECURITY aspect of that verse in Thessalonians. Is it MATERIAL security that's referring to? Maybe so.

In the current climate it might seem hard to imagine the economies of the world suddenly coming right and bouncing back. If they do we know it'll all just be a facade, a mirage if you like, especially if it's accompanied by a cry of PEACE.

I remember the global share market crash of 1987 which hit about a month after I quit my job to start my own business. I remember this because I persevered hoping things would improve. It took a few years and eventually things did bounce back.... After many liquidations and financial restructuring of many businesses in efforts to stay afloat.

It turns out I was well positioned to catch a huge wave as things finally kicked into gear and I had the best 2 or 3 years I've ever had in business in the whole 25 years or so since then.

They say history has a way of repeating itself and that these things run in cycles. If so, then your theory may well be right.

Of course, as you say, It's good for us to be cautious and not lose sight of what is truly important.

It looks like the day is already close, imagine Malawi also drilling oil in it's lake! things will get better soon for all people and this is when the prophecy will be fulfilled.

Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God. (James 4:4)

They say history has a way of repeating itself and that these things run in cycles. If so, then your theory may well be right.

Of course, as you say, It's good for us to be cautious and not lose sight of what is truly important.

That of course would be Satan's signature. Ever wonder why mankind keeps doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result? All one has to do is look at their ruler ;)

Of course what they want is a global economy and a new SDR which they already have ready to use but first they have to trash the global financial systems of the world.