JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hi Ruth. If you go to google. Type in apps forJehovahs witnesses for androids there will be a great list to choose from. WOL & Jwreader

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I have the Nexus 7, is there an app that will allow downloading the WTL onto it, or can I load onto a flash drive and run it from there?

Unfortunately, you cannot "run" the WT Library on an Android tablet and you cannot use anything from the CD ROM. The best you can do is install the isilo version which at least gives you access to all the publications included on the WT Library CD.

You can register on meekspace and read the easy directions posted in their forum:

https://www.meekspace.com/social

Or, as Gabe said, you can use the "Watchtower online Library" and as she said, there is a great Android app that links everything very easily.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tordedroy.library&hl=en

I have a Nexus7 question, sometimes I need to download power points to my Nexus ( all the ppts are from the same source) but sometimes they say "Can't open file" other times they open fine ....anyone know why that may be? Maybe I need to have a different sort of app to open the file?....I just noticed the ppts that won't open say pptx instead of just ppt ....anyone know what that means?

Oh and one of the powerpoints says ppsx and it opens.

The power point presentations that end in X are from the 2007 and newer editions.

I use MobisSystems OfficeSuite 6 and am able to open them.

The different between ones that end in T and S are - T is a regular PP presentation, but the S = Show. The Show ones should open right away into the presentation and usually you can't edit them.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Thank you so much....when I read your post I thought maybe if I emailed the pptx ones to my gmail acct maybe it would open and it works, yeah! But if I download it it won't open....weird huh?

The power point presentations that end in X are from the 2007 and newer editions.

I use MobisSystems OfficeSuite 6 and am able to open them.

The different between ones that end in T and S are - T is a regular PP presentation, but the S = Show. The Show ones should open right away into the presentation and usually you can't edit them.

I still have not gotten my WTL to open on my Nexus....I have all the things I need but the iSilo says I need to get it from the dropbox , the WTL didn't go in the dropbox , the WTL is on my downloaded files but how do I move it over to the iSilo...I am really not sure what the right questions are to ask... I have a feeling everything is there for me to open it but I am missing a step of some kind.

I still have not gotten my WTL to open on my Nexus....I have all the things I need but the iSilo says I need to get it from the dropbox ' date=' the WTL didn't go in the dropbox , the WTL is on my downloaded files but how do I move it over to the iSilo...I am really not sure what the right questions are to ask... I have a feeling everything is there for me to open it but I am missing a step of some kind.[/quote'] Just to make sure: 1. You have iSilo installed - yes? 2. You have the 2 files for the WTLibrary on your mobile device - yes? 3. They are in you download folder - yes? If the first 3 are yes, then your question is - how to get iSilo to open those files? Click on iSilo and once it opens there are 5 tabs across the top:

133621=7464-iSilo1.png Note: it should show both items - Device Memory and SDCard (that SDCard is actuall the internal memoray and the other will actually get you to the external SDCard. The files are in your Download directory which is on your device. Click on the SDCard item and in there you will see the download folder:

133621=7465-iSilo2.png Click on Download and you will see the 2 files for the WTLibrary - click the one that says FULL in the name. From then on you won't need to do this. When you open iSilo click the tab on the top that says recent and you will see the WTlibrary FULL file in there. I hope this helps.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Try opening isilo, tap on "device" and then scroll down to "SD card", then browse to the download folder or whichever one has the isilo Library files in it, then tap to open. Then choose a file like the one titled "WTPub-EN-Full-2011.pdb" and tap it to open.

EDIT: Jerry beat me by seconds! And his has visual aids no less! :laugh:

Try opening isilo, tap on "device" and then scroll down to "SD card", then browse to the download folder or whichever one has the isilo Library files in it, then tap to open. Then choose a file like the one titled "WTPub-EN-Full-2010.pdb" and tap it to open.

Musky and I at the same time - Great minds think alike !!!!! :wave: hey Musky -> Have a great day. :popcorn:

Soon .....

Do you see in Jerry's two pictures, that little bar, where it says "Volumes" in the first picture and "SD card" in the second?

Tap that bar and you should get a drop down menu where you can back up to just "SD card" and then browse to the download folder.

Yes, it is a stand alone file that has the material for the whole weeks meetings, CBS, TMS, SM, songs, daily texts, etc. If you can get email on your tablet, I could email you one to try. PM me your email address.

Remember, these need isilo to work.

Hi Chuck, My smart phone is the experia x10a and I would like to root it.it is running android 2.1 and I would like to root it. have you o, or anybody, any suggestions on how I might accomplish that?I know I am way overdue for an upgrade but att won't allow it. I'm guessing it's a marketing ploy to push the newer stuff. any ideas would greatly be appreciated.