JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WT lib and Samsung galaxy 3s

No, it is Android based and the WT Library runs on Windows. You cannot "run" the program on the Samsung S3. That being said, you can install isilo and get access to all of the publications that are contained in the WT Library.

Or, you can just use the "Watchtower online library".

If you have a browser like Dolphin installed, go to jw.org and bookmark the site. Everything you are looking for is available this way. You can also put the bookmark on your home screen from your browser, I think. There are apps on Google Play that have been programmed for Android. Search "Watchtower Library".

I have heard about thus isilo app. I googled it and found the download' date=' but how do you copy the WT Library to it? If I can get it working, I might consider a non-windows tablet or something.[/quote'] Someone - or better a group of anonymous someones approved by the US branch - has converted the Watchtower Library into a format that can be read by iSilo. So, you install iSilo and then copy the file for the watchtower library onto your device. You use iSilo to open the file. The best way to understand it is - adobe reader. That is just a reader you still need the PDF files for it to read. This is the same as iSilo - except that it handles VERY large files easily. You would never be able to convert the WTLIbrary to a linkable PDF file. There are several here who have the latest WTLibrary file (it is actually 2 files) in the iSilo format. It will look like this -

133571=7456-wtlib.JPG That is the windows version.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I've been working on this for days off and on again, I bought the iSilo app, got adobe reader and moon+reader I downloaded the WTL from the link on meek space site and it won't open, it says it's downloaded but can't open file. Does anyone know if I need something else?

Thanks for that. I suppose what we really need is someone who can code an app similar to the windows version that would work directly with WT Library data files. Not sure if that will violate license agreements though, or even possible.

I did hear rumors about an official android app, but that might just be the Watchtower Online Library.