JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

An answer to hellfire doctrine

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4175 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A sister gave this experience at our recent circuit assembly.

Her Bible student was pentecostal and believed in hellfire. The sister asked her to read Gen. 1:1. She didn't say anything. The sister asked her to read it again. Still no reply. She asked her to read it a third time. Then she said, "Oh I get it". (To be specific, God did not create hell.)

I have often wanted to try this, but wasn't sure if it would work. Now I know.

I thought this might be of use to other brothers and sisters.

Wshed I had it a few weeks ago when I got a pentecostal.

After he stated that he is going to heaven-I asked about the unrighteous-Oh God will torment them in hell forever.

My comment"So you worship a cruel god who torments people. I am glad that Jehovah, the God of the Bible is a loving God."

He switched subjects :sweat:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: