JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Anyone in Pennsylvania? Near a bloodless medicine hospital?

Subject says it all. I'm asking as my 16 yr old son needs a treatment that they will only do in Australia if he has blood. We are forced now to look elsewhere. It would be alot easier if we can connect with someone who could research a bit for us. Anyone available?

I am no where near Pennsylvania, but i wish you the best.

Why Pennsylvania? Wouldn't London be closer to Australia or even somewhere in Europe?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Dear Fiona- I have been thinking about your post. I don't know the procedure your son needs. A few years back my Father/inlaw had to have a complicated surgery done after a stroke. He had to go to Saint Vincents Hospital in Sydney. He needed a Dr to opperate without blood. He got great care. I don't know the name of the Dr. would you like me to findout?I was told he respected the witnesses stand. He also had to go to Perth. Over there. In Perth there is also a hospital that opperates without blood. All the best for you & your son. Xo.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Thanks guys....We have the HLC brothers trying to find a DR or Hospital in Australia, but its not looking good.

Biggest problem is my sons ago.

He is allowed to accept treatment, but not allowed to refuse.

He needs a Stem Cell/ Bone Marrow transplant. Of course without blood.

It has been done at least 50 times in Pennsylvania, but NEVER in AU.

Drs dont even want to start procedure without Jesse's concenting to blood.

Of course, he will wont, but now we are at a head...we wont consent, Dr wot consent. Law in Dr's favor, UNLESS we can find someone who WILL......That way we are showig courts we are not refusig treatment, we just want a different way.

Anyway, Ive looked into gettig to the states or ANYWHERE for that matter, and it would take far too long to apply. Jesse wont be around before we got the legal go ahead.

Please everyone pray that the HLC brothers find us a dr who will treat my son without blood.

Thanks

Hi Fiona, I am not in Pennsylvania, but wanted to see what you need and if I could help. I think you can have the brothers check specific hospitals or doctors for you. I had a place in mind for my surgery and our COBE called the brothers in that state to find out about it. They checked and a couple of the drs there were on their list. Anyway, doing a quick search I found these that might be good if you have to/can travel. One is pennsylvania the other is at cedars sinai in California. Also praying. :pray:

http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Bios---Physician/H-O/Michael-Lill-MD.aspx

http://www.pennmedicine.org/bloodless/stem.html

Donna